2014 Collaboration Meeting
APEX work page
Hall A Web Page
JLab Web Page
The A' Experiment (APEX) will search for a new vector boson A'
with very weak coupling to electrons in the mass range from 65 MeV to 550 MeV.
New vector bosons with such small couplings arise naturally from a
small kinetic mixing of the "dark photon" A' with the photon --
one of the very few ways in which new forces can couple to the
Standard Model -- and have received considerable attention as
an explanation of various dark matter related anomalies. A' bosons are
produced by radiation off an electron beam, and could appear as narrow
resonances with small production cross-section in the QED e+e-
News and Announcement
Thank you collaborators for a successful collaboration meeting! Slides from all presentations are available here.
The next APEX phone/BlueJeans meeting will be held June 4. Stay tuned for more details.
Newcomers who are looking for effective ways to contribute and collaborators from the test run who are looking to re-engage are most welcome to participate in the collaboration meeting and phone meetings.
Past Collaboration Meetings
Proposals and Review
APEX Test Run Result, Theses, and Selected Talks
Review Articles and Talks
- "Dark Sectors and New, Light, Weakly-Coupled Particles", Essig et al. arXiv:1311.0029. Report of the Community Summer Study 2013 (Snowmass) Intensity Frontier New, Light, Weakly-Coupled Particles subgroup
- "Fundamental Physics at the Intensity Frontier", Hewett et al. arXiv:1205.2671 Proceedings of the 2011 workshop on Fundamental Physics at the Intensity Frontier. (Section 6: New, Light, Weakly-Coupled Particles). See also working group website.
- "Dark Forces, Dark Matter, and the GeV-Scale Discovery Frontier". Philip Schuster at APS DNP (October 2013)
Workshops on New GeV-Scale Forces
- New Forces and Fixed Target Searches
- "Two U(1)'s and Epsilon Charge Shifts" - Holdom Phys.Lett. B166 (1986)
- "New Fixed-Target Experiments to Search for Dark Gauge Forces", Bjorken, Essig, Schuster, Toro. Phys.Rev.D80:075018,20090 arXiv:0906.0580
- "Dark Force Detection in Low Energy e-p Collisions", Freytsis, Ovanesyan, Thaler. JHEP 1001:111,2010, arXiv:0909.2862
- "Searching for the light dark gauge boson in GeV-scale experiments", Reece and Wang. JHEP 0907:051,2009 arXiv:0904.1743
- "Theoretical framework to analyze searches for hidden light gauge bosons in electron scattering fixed target experiments", Beranek, Merkel, Vanderhaeghen arXiv:1303.2540
- "New Limits on Hidden Photons from Past Electron Beam Dumps", Andreas, Niebuhr, Ringwald Phys.Rev. D86 (2012) 095019, e-Print: arXiv:1209.6083
- "Abelian Hidden Sectors at a GeV", Morrissey, Poland, Zurek JHEP 0907 (2009) 050 arXiv:0904.2567
- "Kinetic Mixing as the Origin of Light Dark Scales", Cheung et al Phys.Rev. D80 (2009) 035008 arXiv:0902.3246
- "Breaking the Dark Force", Katz and Sundrum JHEP 0906 (2009) 003 arXiv:0902.3271
- " Naturally Light Hidden Photons in LARGE Volume String Compactifications", Goodsell et al JHEP 0911 (2009) 027 arXiv:0909.0515
- Dark Matter Connections
- "A Theory of Dark Matter", Arkani-Hamed et al Phys.Rev. D79 (2009) 015014 arXiv:0810.0713
- "Astrophysical Signatures of Secluded Dark Matter", Pospelov and Ritz Phys.Lett. B671 (2009) 391-397 arXiv:0810.1502
- "Asymmetric Dark Matter: Theories, Signatures, and Constraints" (review article), Kathryn M. Zurek arXiv:1308.0338
- "Sommerfeld-enhanced annihilation in dark matter substructure: Consequences for constraints on cosmic-ray excesses", Slatyer, Toro, Weiner Phys.Rev. D86 (2012) 083534 arXiv:1107.3546
- See also recent talks by Tracy Slatyer (at Snowmass IF, April 2013) and Kathryn Zurek (at SLAC, Jan 2014)
Operations (From Test Run)