List of Bob's Concerns
May 18, 2011
To supplement the g2p review report.
* What is the effect of the septum on the target field ?
Not just the field but any iron. Hopefully negligible,
but if the septum is within 1 meter of the target, I'd
* Safety: we need strict engineering controls (admin control
too, but that's not good enough) to ensure that the magnetic
field of the target and septum are OFF when we work around
* I'm willing to be convinced otherwise, but it seems like a good
idea for the collaboration to have required trained target operators,
much like for cryotargets. The same rules; i.e. cannot run
without a TO.
* The dump worries me too, but that was mentioned in the report.
Some contingency planning should be done to be able to react
if the background or radcon issues are significantly worse
than expected. Of course, it's better if the simulations can
predict what is to be expected.
* We need to keep track of the milestones. A short update at
least twice a month at the Hall A Tuesday meetings would be
appropriate, being forthright about any problems so that,
if found early enough, we can solve them.