• Main INDEX
  • Monthly INDEX
  • PREV
  • NEXT
    Make New Entry, Make Followup Entry

    User name R. Zielinski

    Log entry time 11:29:01 on January 11, 2012

    Entry number 361962

    keyword=new ADC/TDC population for LHRS and LHRS update

    
    Melissa and I removed the TDC's from the readout of ROC5. We then added a TDC each to 
    ROC3/ROC4 and recabled the TDC signals from ROC5. The analyzer database on adaq has 
    been updated to reflect these changes. We will take a cosmic run tonight just to confirm that 
    everything is working as expected. 
    
    The module population of the ROCs is now as follows:
    ROC3 Slots 3-11 1877 TDC, Slot 1 1881 ADC
    ROC4 Slots 3-11 1877 TDC, Slot 16 1881 ADC
    ROC5 Slots 19-21 1881 ADC, Slot 24 1881 ADC
    
    The read-out busy times are now as follows:
    ROC3 - 52 micro-s
    ROC4 - 52 micro-s
    ROC5 - 62 micro-s
    
    We also replaced the ADC in Slot 16 of ROC4.  Previously Melissa and I noticed that the read-
    out busy of ROC4 would alternate between a normal ~50 micro-s and ~1ms. We tried a couple 
    things and it appears that replacing the ADC fixed the issue. If you notice that the LHRS DAQ is 
    rate-limited to 1kHz ever, the issue is most likely ROC4.
    
    
    


    A copy of this log entry has been emailed to: camsonne@jlab.org,vasulk@jlab.org,rom@jlab.org,rbziel@jlab.org, melissac@jlab.org