PREX Target List
Feb 23, 2010
Here are the targets for PREX and the operational restrictions.
DON'T MELT THE LEAD / DIAMOND TARGET !!
- Source of heat is only the beam. (There is no "HP heater".)
- If target warms more than 50K turn off the beam !
(Temperature measured on return line.)
- Always keep the raster on.
- Any questions or confusion : Turn off beam, call the expert.
IMPORTANT: During the Optics commissioning we have no cooling,
so do not put beam on lead and do not exceed 2 uA on any other target !!
Target Thickness CW Current Raster on Min
Limit Above Raster
1. Lead/Diamond Lead 0.5mm 100 uA 1 uA 1 x 1
Diamond 2x0.15 mm
2. Thin lead 0.05 mm 5 uA 1 uA 1 x 1
3. Thick Carbon 2.5 mm 100 uA on or off N/A
4. Thin Carbon 0.15 mm 100 uA on or off N/A
5. Super-thin 0.075 mm 100 uA on or off N/A
6. "Holey" Carbon 0.2 mm 100 uA on or off N/A
7. Water 5 mm 20 uA 5 uA 1 x 1
(available in optics phase only)
8. Tantalum 0.2 mm 100 uA on or off N/A
9. Carbon Optics 5x0.2mm 100 uA on or off N/A
10. BeO viewer 100 mg/cm^2 20 uA on or off N/A