PREX Meeting Notes, Jan 18, 2010
Present: Bob Michaels, Ole Hansen, Alexandre Camsonne,
Zafar Ahmed, Mindy Jen, Rupesh Silwal, Paul Souder,
Sasha Glamazdin, Gregg Franklin, Megan Friend,
Guido Urciuoli, Doug Higinbotham
- Double Wien filter going well. Parts in hand.
Assembly is on schedule (reported by J. Grames)
- Be replaced by C12 for collimator.
Should be done and installed this week.
GEM Detectors (Ole, Guido)
- Nilanga provided drawings of GEMs.
- Mounting structure being reviewed by Krishna.
- Software - modifying decoder - being considered
- Guido: Italian GEMs to arrive late Feb.
- Guido: Testing with new AP25 electronics.
- Compton Monte Carlo results posted in HAPLOG (Gregg)
- Transfer functions being measured on laser table
in the Hall this weekend (Al Tobias, Mark Dalton)
- New CompSimple DAQ ready -- see HALOG (Bob M.)
(Yes, the old DAQ still works.)
- Would be good to do some pluser simulation of
- Sasha: foils installed tomorrow.
- Sasha: Will align apparatus soon
- Roman here, debriefed on new DAQ by Zafar and Brad.
- Discussed rastering with Jay Benesch
- autofilling of Helium likely to be available.
- Zafar: Pulser tests of FADC DAQ. Measured rates
on-board and with FADC. Results in HAPLOG
- Zafar: Next up, measure an injected asymmetry,
and add random pulses (more pulser tests).
See you next week !!
Index of Meetings