This page: hallaweb.jlab.org/software/tools
Updated Jan 18, 2009
The purpose of this page is to provide software tools contributed
by Hall A users, especially the
smaller lesser known tools, so others may
avoid "re-inventing the wheel".
If you have something to contribute,
please contact Bob Michaels (e-mail: email@example.com).
Contributing authors of smaller software
are not expected to support future data; these codes are
useful starting examples that may require modification.
- J. Singh's tool box of scripts to extract EPICS and HALOG data.
- Rikki Roche's Event Display Tool to look at VDC tracks traced to scintillators and FPP. Untar and see README.
- Bryan Moffit's online GUI for online presentation of ROOT results.
- A set of simple scripts to use batch farm for
the Podd ROOT/C++ analyzer. Untar, see README. Version from Jan 2004.
- W. Boeglin code to convert espace database into sql form and here is the README file that is also included in the tar file.
- M. Liang's deadtime calculation MC to simulate HRS DAQ deadtime.
- B. Reitz's tool list (EPICS decoder, NMR to momentum, EDT calc., etc.) See Bodo's readme file for listing and explanations.
- Bob M's C++ utilities CODA classes,
package, a standalone event decoder.
- Bob M's simple C++ examples to read a CODA file (or ET online data) and fill ntuples and histograms in ROOT. Untar these and see the README:
- Bob M's simple Fortran/Paw examples
to read a CODA file, fill histograms with
An event check code and a
helicity check code.
- For some of the above examples you may need the EVIO library (make 'libcoda.a'). Credit: CODA group.
- Paul Ulmer's tools for halog, scalers, and VDC hits (see readme files there). E.g. you can extract variables from halog, or extract scalers from a CODA file
to put into Paw ntuple.
- Hassan Ibrahim's tools to extract stable current periods of time, used in E01020.
- M. Rvachev's R Functions to model geometric acceptance.
- Yi Qiang's detector calibration macros.
- Hall A Power Tools
- Hall A Software Workshops
World Wide Tools