GEn weekly meeting - July 13, 2005
Attendees: Bogdan Wojtsekhowski, Bodo Reitz, Olivier Gayou, Brandon Craver, Aidan Kelleher, Ameya Kolarkar, Hakob Voskanyan, Albert Shahinyan, Todd Averett, Doug Higinbotham
- Glue fixture ordered
- Ladder - not ordered - Joyce is completing the design - sent prints for checking. No order by July 15.
- Detector frame design on hold. Probably take cables out before drilling.
Discussion about milestones
- Albert - wiring vetos - milestone postponed to Aug 15.
- DAQ components physically installed
- veto+UVa bars - 2 weeks after next week
- September 1 - All (veto+UVa+CMU) installed and wired
Wire chamber DAQ ready tomorrow
- Team of 5 people ready to install our (GEn) detectors in the hall after one hour of beam (for wire chamber tests).
- All BB mounted by Aug 1.
- Students to volunteer to take 3 hour shifts whenever they find time, for the delay cables. Have to make 200 bundles, 50 done so far.
- 800 cables done - Brandon Davis from NC. Another 1000 not yet ready - only need to rebundle them
- Students to send Albert email about taking bundle shifts:
2 min, 4 max - 9am and 3pm shifts.
This is necessary to meet the detector wiring milestone.
Aug 15 - DAQ ready for N.A. and shower detectors - assessment in 2 weeks.
Sept - Cosmic runs on all detectors, and debugging.
All missed milestones to be squeezed under Sept 1.
Olivier will be done by Aug. 5.
Set up a log for all progress. Olivier to talk to Steve Wood.
- xplosion tests in a week or so.
- Beamline drawing shown by Alan. He bag size and position discussed
- William and Mary (Todd) filled a cell from Mike - hybrid
- Saw the first frequency sweep water NMR signal. (W&M)
- Soon to fill a cell from Willie (W&M)
- Safety walkthrough this Friday in the new target lab
- Oven/heater interlocks in place
- NMR coils/mount in the machine shop
- Optics line setup