Make New Entry,
Make Followup Entry
User name R. Michaels
Log entry time 11:52:06 on February 06, 2009
Entry number 259206
This entry is a followup to: 259191
keyword=R-HRS DAQ for parasitic pleasures.
The R-HRS DAQ also runs on adev account (hence a potential for
interference if not careful) but since it uses a different
SESSION (environment variable) and different computer (adaql5)
the risks are very small.
Here is how to run:
1. Login to adaql5 as adev account, same as before.
2. If you want to open xterms for frontends, type "setupxterms_rhrs"
(the standard "setupxterms" is for L-HRS production mode.)
3. Type this: "source setup_rhrs"
Actually you don't have to remember the following because the above
script will remind you, but anyway ...
4. Type this: "kcoda_rhrs" (note the "rhrs")
5. Then "startcoda_rhrs" (note the "rhrs")
6. Pick the CODA config "RightHrs" as usual.
7. Prescale factors: ~adev/prescale/prescale_rhrs.dat (note the "rhrs")
(The file prescale.dat is used by L-HRS production mode.)
[SOME DANGER FOR INTERFERENCE HERE IF YOU EDIT THE WRONG FILE.]
8. The data files are /adaql1/data4/e06010_rhrs_NNN.dat.* where
NNN = run number (> 40,000). This is doubly non-interfering because
of the "rhrs" string and the large run numbers. The L-HRS runs are
At the moment I see no events from the R-HRS DAQ, but the prescales
are loaded correctly so I suppose Ramesh has turned something off.
It should work if you have triggers going to the Trigger Supervisor.
- Bob M.
A copy of this log entry has been emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com