User name R. Michaels
Log entry time 14:52:16 on January 7,2003
Entry number 90772
keyword=DAQ problems all fixed !
The DAQ works fine now, I think. We made access and changed out the network
hub in favor of a new switch on the Right HRS, this affected the TS0 deadtime.
We also programmed the switch halladaq-cat inside the hall which is connected
to the TS0 switch. We ran tests which showed the throughput increased by 3 orders
of magnitude in speed. (Actually, I should have caught this problem before, sorry.)
Work done by me, Dave Abbott, and Justin Smith.
Regarding the fastbus errors in ROC1 that occur when running test code test_1881.o,
Dave Abbott agrees with me this is a fake problem and he thinks it may be due to
an imcompatibility of the software with the ADC firmware. But the DAQ runs
fine a high rates and the data look ok, so.... lets use it.
I recommend to use the buffered DAQ configs again
LeftHRS -- buffered ** TRY THIS **
LeftUnbuff -- unbuffered, as the name says
RightHRS -- buffered ** TRY THIS **
RightUnbuf -- unbuffered