User name gilman
Log entry time 08:43:04 on June 9,2007
Entry number 204874
First couple hours spent
- wait for beam
- determine settings for 2x2 raster
- determine rad levels with radiator in
- wait for beam while Hall B injector work done
- simultaneously adjust scintillator HV and beta
- go to holey carbon, play with raster size and beam
position to find the hole to center the beam -
cannot get straight through BPMs, settle on slightly
- get Tiefenback energy set correctly at 3 AM
4 AM: beam going away for 15 min - 1 hour for work on Hall B
5 AM: beam back, start looking at gamma's on 3He to see if we understand trigger rate and heating of radiator. Initial slope of ~3C/minute and apparent asymptote of dT ~ 80 C match estimates for
20 W deposited in target - done at 20 uA current on 6% foils.
5:30 AM on... taking data gamma 3He -> pp+n to check out system.
left arm ioc dead.
we have total of about 30k t5 triggers taken at 20uAmp beam.
problems for the next shift:
1. fix focal plan polarimater readout -cable out for 4u
2. fix problem with lef arm IOC
3. estabilsh a quality control on line replay