Make New Entry,
Make Followup Entry
User name R. Michaels
Log entry time 10:35:51 on November 25, 2008
Entry number 250674
keyword=adaqfs filling at alarming rate
The "home" disk usage on the adaqfs fileserver has more than doubled in
the past month. At this rate you probably won't make it until Christmas.
If adaqfs fills up the experiment will "mysteriously" stop (can't run
DAQ, can't analyze data, etc).
1) /adaqfs/home is backed up by computer center (nightly incremental and
2) /adaql*/work* and /adaqfs/scratch are big areas that are not backed up.
3) Write ROOT output and other big output on 2), not on 1). Never
put raw data on 1). At least understand the consequences if you
don't follow this advice.
4) If 1) fills up, I may delete large files without notice. (Actually
I would try to put them in MSS or /adaqfs/scratch first.)
5) Can we buy more disk ? No.
A copy of this log entry has been emailed to: email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com