Make New Entry,
Make Followup Entry
User name Bo ( RC )
Log entry time 22:55:55 on October 01, 2009
Entry number 292642
Run Plan for Tonight
Run Plan (To keep efficient running, Please call RC if you
can not resolve a problem within 10 minutes)
- Check white board and take production data! Watch the lumi widths
to see if anything
changes. Please check the histograms on the online data monitor with the
reference ones on the shift how-to page (http://hallaweb.jlab.org/experiment/HAPPEX/opmanual/opmanual.html#HPXStartingonlineanalysis).
- Diancheng will do some compton tests. After that, Take Compton data.
You will need to start a new Compton run every
two hours. The CODA screen to start and stop the Compton runs is in the
back room. If the background rates get too high, the Compton HV will
and you won't be able to take data. If you cannot keep it going, page
- Change the half-wave plate state when we get to 1M good pairs.
Follow the instructions for doing this and running the flipper script
- Run spot++ every couple of hours and log it. Change the prescale
factor PS8 to 1 and PS1 and 2 to 99999.
- We are planning to have a Moller measurement at 9:00am
- Beam Time Accounting: accept the beam unless the Compton people say
that they just cannot use it. Then record it as BNA.
- If anyone must reset a magnet, they must make a halog entry
stating which magnet on which arm, and what was wrong with it to require
a reset. The word "tech" must appear in the subject line.
- Be sure that the prompt analysis is done for every run!
- The BTA program doesn't subtract any time to speak of for
beam trips. Please manually subtract a full minute for each beam trip in
the beam time accounting.
- Please write a detailed shift summary (including runs taken and any
activities) and submit the BTA for each shift.
- Please make sure that the shift checklist is done once each shift.
- If you have to page or call someone for support, please do so from a
counting house phone or it will be ignored!
- Keep a close eye on the lumi widths as we take data.
- Please continue to take runs even if there is no beam. These data
can be used to determine pedestals. Please label these runs as having no