Make New Entry,
Make Followup Entry
User name V. Sulkosky
Log entry time 21:31:05 on October 09, 2009
Entry number 294074
keyword=Run plan update (21:20pm 10/09/2009)
Run Plan (Please HALOG it if you find something strange or
Call RC if the problem is not resolved within 10 minutes)
- 21:00-23:00 Dustin McNulty and Rupesh Silwal will perform a
Q2 measurement, Aluminum dummy measurements and HRS optics
- After Dustin and Rupesh have completed, Alexandre Camsonne will be
working on diagnosing the high Compton rates. This work maybe invasive to
taking HAPPEx production data.
- Take production data! Watch the lumi widths to see if anything
changes. Please check the histograms on the online data monitor with the
reference ones on the shift how-to page (http://hallaweb.jlab.org/experiment/HAPPEX/opmanual/opmanual.html#HPXStartingonlineanalysis).
- Currently the Compton rates are too high! If Alexandre is
successful in reducing the rates to an acceptancable level:
- Take Compton data! You will need to start a new Compton run every
two hours. The CODA screen to start and stop the Compton runs is in the
- If compton experts are in back room to do some tests,
follow their plan.
- If the background rates get too high, the Compton HV will trip off
and you won't be able to take data. If you cannot keep it going, page
Megan Friend (584-0038).
Change the half-wave plate state when we get to 1M good pairs.
Follow the instructions for doing this and running the flipper script
Run spot++ every couple of hours and log it. Change the prescale
factor PS8 to 1 and PS1 and 2 to 99999.
Beam Time Accounting: accept the beam unless the Compton people say
that they just cannot use it. Then record it as BNA.
- If anyone must reset a magnet, they must make a halog entry
stating which magnet on which arm, and what was wrong with it to require
a reset. The word "tech" must appear in the subject line.
- Be sure that the prompt analysis is done for every run!
- The BTA program doesn't subtract any time to speak of for
beam trips. Please manually subtract a full minute for each beam trip in
the beam time accounting.
- Please write a detailed shift summary (including runs taken and any
activities) and submit the BTA for each shift.
- Please make sure that the shift checklist is done once each shift.
- If you have to page or call someone for support, please do so from a
counting house phone or it will be ignored!
- Keep a close eye on the lumi widths as we take data.
- Please continue to take runs even if there is no beam. These data
can be used to determine pedestals. Please label these runs as having no