Make New Entry,
Make Followup Entry
User name V. Sulkosky
Log entry time 18:55:34 on October 10, 2009
Entry number 294281
keyword=Run plan update (19:00pm 10/10/2009)
Run Plan (Please HALOG it if you find something strange or
Call RC if the problem is not resolved within 10 minutes)
- Take production data at 100 uA! Watch the lumi widths to see if
changes. Please check the histograms on the online data monitor with the
reference ones on the shift how-to page (http://hallaweb.jlab.org/experiment/HAPPEX/opmanual/opmanual.html#HPXStartingonlineanalysis).
- Dustin McNulty may come in to take spectrometer
- Currently the Compton Rates are very high!
- MCC has some things they want to either check or do during swing
- possible scraping in the 3-pass separator line ("6T" region).
- matching into the Hall A line.
- vertical/horizontal dispersion into hall A.
- Diancheng Wang is available to check the Compton rates during
swing shift. Megan Friend is on owl shift.
- Alexandre Camsonne may take low current runs for the Compton for
response function purposes and DAQ tests.
- If MCC is successful in reducing the rates to an acceptancable level:
- Take Compton data! You will need to start a new Compton run every
two hours. The CODA screen to start and stop the Compton runs is in the
- If compton experts are in back room to do some tests,
follow their plan.
- If the background rates get too high, the Compton HV will trip off
and you won't be able to take data. If you cannot keep it going, page
Megan Friend (584-0038).
Change the half-wave plate state when we get to 1M good pairs.
Follow the instructions for doing this and running the flipper script
Run spot++ every couple of hours and log it. Change the prescale
factor PS8 to 1 and PS1 and 2 to 99999.
Beam Time Accounting: accept the beam unless the Compton people say
that they just cannot use it. Then record it as BNA.
Tomorrow around 9 am, Sasha Glamazdin will come in to do a Moller
- Compton rates are too high, experts are aware and trying to
- If anyone must reset a magnet, they must make a halog entry
stating which magnet on which arm, and what was wrong with it to require
a reset. The word "tech" must appear in the subject line.
- Be sure that the prompt analysis is done for every run!
- The BTA program doesn't subtract any time to speak of for
beam trips. Please manually subtract a full minute for each beam trip in
the beam time accounting.
- Please write a detailed shift summary (including runs taken and any
activities) and submit the BTA for each shift.
- Please make sure that the shift checklist is done once each shift.
- If you have to page or call someone for support, please do so from a
counting house phone or it will be ignored!
- Keep a close eye on the lumi widths as we take data.
- Please continue to take runs even if there is no beam. These data
can be used to determine pedestals. Please label these runs as having no