Make New Entry,
Make Followup Entry
User name V. Sulkosky
Log entry time 19:18:14 on October 12, 2009
Entry number 294608
keyword=Run plan update (19:20 10/12/2009)
Run Plan (Please HALOG it if you find something strange or
Call RC if the problem is not resolved within 10 minutes)
- Take production data at 100 uA! Watch the lumi widths to see if
changes. Please check the histograms on the online data monitor with the
reference ones on the shift how-to page (http://hallaweb.jlab.org/experiment/HAPPEX/opmanual/opmanual.html#HPXStartingonlineanalysis).
- Take Compton data! You will need to start a new Compton run every
two hours. The CODA screen to start and stop the Compton runs is in the
- If compton experts are in back room to do some tests, follow their
- If the background rates get too high, the Compton HV will trip off
and you won't be able to take data. If you cannot keep it going, page
Megan Friend (584-0038).
- Change the half-wave plate state when we get to 1M good pairs.
Follow the instructions for doing this and running the flipper script
- Run spot++ every couple of hours and log it. Make sure the prescale
factors are PS8 = 1 and PS1 = PS2 = 99999.
- Beam Time Accounting:
- Accept the beam unless the Compton people say that they just cannot
use it. Then record it as BNA.
- Subtract 1 minute from the ABU after beam trips for 100uA
- Make sure that BPM12 is not saturating.
If it does, follow the
steps on the HAPPEX Troubleshooting (http://hallaweb.jlab.org/experiment/HAPPEX/troubleshooting.html).
- If anyone must reset a magnet, they must make a halog entry
stating which magnet on which arm, and what was wrong with it to require
a reset. The word "tech" must appear in the subject line.
- Be sure that the prompt analysis is done for every run!
- The BTA program doesn't subtract any time to speak of for
beam trips. Please manually subtract a full minute for each beam trip in
the beam time accounting.
- Please write a detailed shift summary (including runs taken and any
activities) and submit the BTA for each shift.
- Please make sure that the shift checklist is done once each shift.
- If you have to page or call someone for support, please do so from a
counting house phone or it will be ignored!
- Keep a close eye on the lumi widths as we take data.
- Please continue to take runs even if there is no beam. These data
can be used to determine pedestals. Please label these runs as having no