Make New Entry,
Make Followup Entry
User name R. Michaels
Log entry time 15:04:41 on October 26, 2009
Entry number 296705
This entry is a followup to: 296256
keyword=lessons low-I cavity tests
I talked to John Musson about our attempted low-current cavity test.
- Never adjust post-gain ! It causes saturation and was our main problem.
- Pregain gives 3 dB/step = 41% increase in voltage.
- Do not need to adjust phases with pregain.
- After we max out the pregain we'll need to go into the hall and deploy
the amplifiers ZX60-2434M which need V+ = 5V (DC supply nearby).
- If we use these amplifiers we will need to adjust phases - only Musson
knows how to do this at the moment.
- I will submit an ATLIS test plan and list Musson as "necessary". After
we learn the ropes once I think we can do it ourselves.
A copy of this log entry has been emailed to: zahmed