Make New Entry,
Make Followup Entry
User name ellie
Log entry time 00:05:39 on October 27, 2009
Entry number 296844
keyword=Swing Shift Summary
10/26/09 Swing Shift Summary
SL: Ellie Long
TO: Katherine Myers
3rd: Salvatore Frullani
· 16:00 Good evening, Hall A! Starting shift at the end of
an access, sweep in progress. It looks like the Left HRS is up and we'll
be using it tonight.
· 17:25 We are now in Beam Permit following two sweeps
(after the first was completed, they accidentally put us back in
Restricted Access and had to do another sweep). MCC sending tuned beam
for quick testing.
· 18:23 Harp
scan done. Moved to aluminum dummy for spot++ check.
· 18:36 The raster came out small. Called MCC who is now
checking the settings on the raster magnets.
· 18:57 MCC is having problems getting the raster magnet up
to 10x10 (MCC Units). The voltages are not reaching what they were in the
past. Expert called. Beam set to 1uA.
· 19:43 MCC has done what they can with raster. Switching
to Carbon Hole target to do spot++ on 10uA.
· 20:04 Raster is better, but still
fuzzy. At this point, we're going to run with it.
· 21:51 TO noticed that the Target Alarm Handler was not on
and, upon trying to open it, found the file to be missing. Expert was
called, it is now on again.
· 00:02 Shift ends with left Q2 tripping.