Make New Entry,
Make Followup Entry
User name O. Glamazdin
Log entry time 09:31:43 on November 04, 2009
Entry number 297359
Moller results on November 04 6:25 - 8:20
- Crew: O.Glamazdin
- Wien filter angle is 74.73°
- The raster was OFF. The half wave plate was OUT.
- Beam tuning took 1 hour.
- It is possible to set Moller settings together with Compton
settings at the beam energy 6.068GeV. Beam position was good and stable.
- Two different Moller dipole settings were tested: 388Amp(MCC) and
412Amp(an optimal Moller setting). Moller dipole shielding insertion
still is not fully saturated.
- Moller DAQ looks OK after helicity board change and MPS signal
- Spin prediction for Hall A (black color curve) and Hall B (red
color curve) is shown on the plot 'Figure 1. Spin Prediction'. The
prediction is done for Half-Wave Plate OUT,
linac energy 600MeV, 5 passes for Hall A/B,
and old helicity convention. From the plot the beam polarization
in Hall A should be positive. Beam polarization measurement with Moller
polarimeter and old helicity
convention gives positive sign of the beam polarization. It shows
that the helicity convention after helicity board change is the same as
it was before.
- Only two Moller targets were measured. Due to that systematic
error of Moller results is +/-3% instead +/-2% as usually.
|| Wien angle
| 1 || 74.73° || 0.50
µA || 13819-13822 || 5 || 8.01
| 2 || 74.73° || 0.5 µA
|| 13823-13824 || 4 || 7.53
| Aver 1-2 || 74.73° || -
|| - || 2-5 || - ||
83.2±0.3±3.0 || Targets 4-5
A copy of this log entry has been emailed to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Figure 1. Spin Prediction