Make New Entry,
Make Followup Entry
User name M Friend
Log entry time 20:56:36 on November20,2009
Entry number 301448
keyword=Compton run plan
Run plan to diagnose and hopefully fix current Compton problems:
- Take several runs alternating centered on the collimator and completely behind lead brick/collimator shielding, testing for stability of the low energy background, pedestal, anode current etc. Do this at a few different HVs.
- Take a short access (sometime Saturday or Sunday). Remove the 8mm of lead shielding. If Diancheng has finished his calculation for the shielding, put in the calculated amount; otherwise, stay with just the 1mm of lead upstream of the collimator.
- Take several more runs in and out of the beam, again keeping track of background, pedestal, and anode current stability.
- Unless we decide it is unnecessary, build a lead hut around the detector during the 3 hour access on Monday.
- When the new collimators are ready (in about a week), change to a smaller collimator.