Make New Entry,
Make Followup Entry
User name gaskell
Log entry time 19:11:28 on October 24, 2010
Entry number 336539
keyword=Run plan for Sunday swing to Monday Day
We have been pretty steadily taking production data at 4 pass for the
last couple days. Friday we changed kinematics to the low energy, Q2=2
point and have been accumulating statistics steadily.
We are still in a mode in which we are triggering on the HRS only, but
steady progress is being made on the calo trigger.
Tonight, we will continue to take production data (see notes on white
board for up-to-date run conditions- current, CODA config. etc.)
Tomorrow (Monday) morning, we will change HRS polarity to positive in
order to take more elastic data. Since the rates relatively high, we may
get 2 iterations of calorimeter gain matching before Tuesday.
Tuesday we will change HRS polarity back to negative during the planned
beam studies and return to production data taking.
Longer term plans:
1. Moller on Wednesday DAY shift.
2. We may want to do an Arc energy measurement at 4 pass. TBD.
Things to keep an eye on:
1. The pockels cell tripped off for a while last week (i.e. beam was not
polarized). We should keep an eye on this.
2. The beam current seems to drift a little - we need to maintain at 2 uA
- dead time will increase rapidly if the current creeps up.
3. Hall C is starting to get their beam modulation (including beam energy
modulation) system going. We need to make sure we have the appropriate
signals in our DAQ that tell us when the energy lock is off, and when the
modulation is ongoing.
4. Compton rates are still high.
A copy of this log entry has been emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com