Make New Entry,
Make Followup Entry
User name R. Michaels
Log entry time 12:17:53 on January 3,2014
Entry number 385895
keyword=HRS Scaler Status
Present status of Scalers on HRS.
The scheme we need is explained in fig 1.
1. All 7 units function on both HRS, see fig 2. The VME readout code works. xscaler and other software (explained in fig 1) show the data.
2. Cabling from detectors is partially done.
What needs to be done:
1. Set up normalization data (triggers, BCM, L1a, etc) and the gate from trigger supervisor. Also need a clock to normalize the rates.
2. Helicity scaler receives a copy of all normalization data. Helicity assumed to be "in time" for now. We don't have the helicity signals on HRS yet. I guess GMp (R-HRS) may not want a helicity scaler ?
3. Possible rearrangement of scalers -- there's an imbalance between the two arms. Does it matter ?