Initial HRS Elastic Checks
From Hall A Wiki
Time estimate: 1.5 hours.
- Hydrogen and dummy targets with I = 20 μA. The elastic peak is centered at δP/P = 0%.
- Take HRS single-arm elastic data (electrons in HRS) at the kinematics listed below. Collect > 100K electrons in HRS. This will allow checks to be made on the following:
* Elastic peak position for check on kinematics.
* Check of elastic cross section at initially the 3-5% level.
* Cross check of HRS yields.
* Fast Raster Phase Checkout:
- Use an elastic run from above.
- Make a plot of W2 versus the fast raster current. There should be a one-to-one correspondence between vertical beam position and W2 value. If not, you have a phase offset between the actual fast raster magnet setting and the data aquisition ADC value. Determine this phase.
|Ebeam (GeV)||k' (GeV)||θe (deg)||Q2 (GeV2)||Rate [Hz] at 20 μA||minutes for 5.4k events at 20 μA|