Wednesday, March 30, 2016 1:30pm EST

From Hall A Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Last meeting: Wednesday, March 16, 2016 1:30pm EST


Agenda



  • prototype coil
  • status of collimator




Minutes

  • KK will complete the narrative of the supplementary request to get funding for a prototype coil over the weekend. Ernie will get information on the cost of the coil and also work on getting a couple of paragraphs together on the scope of the tests and how this investment will mitigate risk and improve our cost estimates. By mid-next week, the proposal will be submitted with a rough estimate for the cost (we don’t expect this to be way off) and then Ernie and Jim will work on taking to the company and developing a detailed set of specs for which a bid can be solicited. This is expected to take 2 weeks and then we can request a bid in two weeks. With luck we will have a quote at the same time that it is anticipated that a final budget request will be made around May 1.
  • Jason will work on the details on the mechanical design and provide input to Tyler so that we can update the 2-bounce study with the near-final version of mechanical structures that will have direct line-of-sight to the target. After the collaboration meeting, Jason and Jim will work on understanding the buildability of the collimator geometry in order to improve our guess on the cost.


Attending:





Return to Teleconferences
Return to MOLLER at 11 GeV E09-005