3rd Arm DAQ for g2p
From Hall A Wiki
- 1 Normal DAQ Operations
- 2 Online Scaler Monitor
- 3 Reboot
- 4 Set Run Parameters
Normal DAQ Operations
- 3rd Arm DAQ is running separately with the HRS DAQs.
- 3rd Arm DAQ runs on the adaql3 computer on the adev account.
- 3rd Arm DAQ is using CODA 2.5.
Start and Stop Runs
- To start and stop runs, push the buttons "Start" and "End".
- No need to use "Prestart", "Start" will do "Prestart" and "Go" in sequence.
- If the run control is not running, follow the Cold Restart section below.
- We are using "thirdarm_buf" configuration for 3rd arm.
- The configurations should be loaded by default.
- To change configurations, click on the "Reset" button on the left, then press "Configure" button, choose the configuration from the dialog box, then push the "Download" button.
Editing Prescale Factors
- Login with adev account, type "prescaleTA" to start the GUI. Make changes and click "save" button.
- Notice T8 is 103.7 kHz fast clock for 3rd arm, so you need to set PS8 to 103 to get a ~1kHz pulser trigger.
Online Scaler Monitor
Start xscaler for 3rd Arm
- Open a terminal, type "ssh adaq@adaql4";
- Type "cd ~/g2p/thirdarm/scaler";
- Type "./xscaler thirdarm" to start GUI.
Definition of Some Entries
- 1~8 : Insert non-formatted text here: E1_R(L)-E4_R(L), hits on E plane PMTs;
- 9 : currently empty;
- 10 : fclock, 103.7 kHz fast clock;
- 11 : L1A
- 12 : trigger
- 13~16: dE1_R(L)&dE2_R(L), hits on dE plane PMTs;
- 17~18: bcm_u(d)1, upstream(or downstream) BCM.
- Click the "Reset" button on the run control interface. You will need to do "Configure" and "Download" again.
- If reset CODA can not solve the problem, try a cold restart, follow the instruction below.
Cold Restart CODA
- To make a cold restart of CODA for 3rd arm DAQ, first make sure you are using adev account on adaql3 computer. If not, open a terminal and type "ssh adev@adaql3";
- On adev@adaql3, type "kcoda";
- Type "startcoda", the runcontrol GUI will pop-up;
- Press the "Connect" button;
- When you see the "Configure" button, press it, then choose one configuration ("thirdarm_buf" configuration for usual). Wait for a while.
- Click on the "Download" button to start download the libraries;
- You have restarted CODA. To start a run, press "Start" button.
Reboot TS ROC
- Third arm only have one ROC, which is ROC12.
- If the ROC hung up, you will need to reboot it:
- Open a terminal, type "telnet bbps1 2005";
- Type "reboot" in the ROC's xterm window;
- Wait until the ROC finished executing the the boot script, you should see all of the commands in the xterm window;
- If you lost the connection, telnet into the ROC again to verify it is alive.
- If this software reboot does not work, you may need to do a cold restart for it:
- Find an adaql computer, open a browser, and type "hareboot30" in the address bar;
- (will update later)
- You can find the boot parameters here: Boot Parameters for g2p (The last section TS1(ROC12))
Set Run Parameters
Set High Voltage
- To change High Voltage for 3rd arm dE and E plane PMTs (normally you do not need to change this):
- Open a terminal, type "ssh adev@adaql3", ask the expert on shift if you do not know the password;
- Type "hvgui_hrs" to start the HV GUI;
- Click on the tab "hacweb5:2001" to change HV setting;
- You can find the normal HV setting for 3rd arm here: Halog entry 359864
- When you start a run, check in the auto halog entry to see if the HV values are recorded properly.
- The discriminator thresholds for 3rd arm can be controlled remotely (normally you do not need to change this), follow these steps:
- Open a terminal, ssh to one of the adaql computers;
- Type "threshold_TA -g dE" to check the threshold for dE(or E) plane;
- Type "threshold_TA -s dE 350mV" to set the threshold for dE(or E) plane to 350 mV;
- When you start a run, check in the auto halog entry to see if the threshold values are recorded properly.