3rd Arm DAQ for g2p
From Hall A Wiki
Revision as of 18:29, 22 February 2012 by Cg2ja
Normal DAQ Operations
- 3rd Arm DAQ is running separately with the HRS DAQs.
- 3rd Arm DAQ runs on the adaql3 computer on the adev account.
- 3rd Arm DAQ is using CODA 2.5.
Start and Stop Runs
- To start and stop runs, push the buttons "Start" and "End".
- No need to use "Prestart", "Start" will do "Prestart" and "Go" in sequence.
- If the run control is not running, follow the Cold Restart section below.
- We are using "thirdarm_buf" configuration for 3rd arm.
- The configurations should be loaded by default.
- To change configurations, click on the "Reset" button on the left, then press "Configure" button, choose the configuration from the dialog box, then push the "Download" button.
Editing Prescale Factors
- Login with adev account, type "prescaleTA" to start the GUI. Make changes and click "save" button.
Online Scaler monitor
Start xscaler for 3rd Arm
- Open a terminal, use ssh to log into adaq@adaql4;
- cd into ~/g2p/thirdarm/scaler;
- Type ./xscaler to start GUI.
Definition of Some Entries
- 1~8 :Insert non-formatted text here: E1_R(L)-E4_R(L), hits on E plane PMTs;
- 9 : currently empty;
- 10 : fclock, 103.7 kHz fast clock;
- 11 : L1A
- 12 : trigger
- 13~16: dE1_R(L)&dE2_R(L), hits on dE plane PMTs;
- 17~18: bcm_u(d)1, upstream(or downstream) BCM.