Analysis resources for d2n
- Do NOT copy/store ROOT files in $HOME/*. Filling $HOME on the adaq cluster and other JLab machines will cause major problems for you and others. Besides, we have much more space on the work disk (see below).
- Do NOT copy/store data files to $HOME/* for any reason.
If you need to create customized ROOT files then please make a personal directory here: '/work/halla/e06014/disk1/ and direct the analyzer to use that path.
- 1 General Guide
- 2 Beam Calibrations
- 3 Detector Calibs
- 4 Particle Identification
- 5 Hall A He3 Polarized Target
- 6 Special Topics
- 7 d2n Talks/Reports
d2n-analysis mailing list
Subscribe by sending an email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org with the command subscribe d2n-analysis in the email body. The subject is ignored. You should receive an "approved" email within a few minutes if it worked.
- Transversity ELOG -- Monitor the E06-010 analysis.
Retrieving files from the Silo/Auger
Use jcache to retrieve files from tape. They will show up in '/cache/mss/halla/e06014/raw/' in a few minutes (usually). The analyzer will automatically find them there.
For example: jcache /mss/halla/e06014/raw/e06014_1246.dat.0 puts the file in '/cache/mss/halla/e06014/raw/e06014_1246.dat.0'
There are very few good reasons to need to copy/store root files or data files in your home directory. Please leave the data files on the /cache/* disks and keep root files on the /work/halla/e06014/* file system.
See also: Jasmine Help
A backup of all files in /adaqfs/home/adaq/e06014/ (online replay files, etc) was made on 01 Sept 2009. (This is in addition to JLab's standard backup mechanisms.)
- It can be found at /work/halla/d2n/adaq-e06014/ (read-only).
- A tarball (1.6 GB) can be retrieved from the Silo to your current working directory with this command. (As a rule, you should not have to do this.)
jget /mss/home/brads/e06014_adaq_directory-01Sept09.tar .
Hall A Analyzer Documentation
- ROOT Tips and Tricks
- Analyzer FAQ
- Hall A C++ Analyzer Documentation
- Class index for v1.5
- BigBite specific info
- List of Analyzer ROOT variable names
- Misc. Tools
- JLab Computing Resources (Farm, Silo, etc)
Off Line Analysis for transversity A how-to on using JLab's computer farm to analyze Hall A data. This page uses Transversity's paths, run numbers, etc. Be sure to use the d2n work disk for output!
(Some useful examples here but they use the Transversity configuration. Adapt accordingly.)
Offline Replay Instructions
Calendar, Run Periods
- "Run Calendar"
- It comes up with todays date by default. You want to move back to Feb. 2009 and Mar. 2009. Snapshots are below.
These are scans of the hand-editted run sheets generated by the shift crew.
- Feb 07 -- Feb 20, 2009: Media:e06-014_run_sheets_07Feb-20Feb2009.pdf
- Feb 07 -- Mar 05, 2009: Media:e06-014_run_sheets_21Feb-05Mar2009.pdf
- Mar 06 -- Mar 16, 2009: Media:e06-014_run_sheets_06Mar-16Mar2009.pdf
- Feb 07 -- Mar 16, 2009: Media:e06-014_checklist_07Feb-16Mar2009.pdf
Preliminary Production Run List
- Gas Cerenkov/Pion Rejector (d2n)
- Technical Note (D. Flay): LHRS Detector Calibrations
- Left HRS VDC T0 Drifts (d2n)
- Gas Cerenkov/Pion Rejector (d2n)
Hall A He3 Polarized Target
Analysis Lessons Learned (d2n) from Transversity
Phone conference instructions for these meetings
ESnet Readytalk Dial Toll-Free Number: 866-740-1260 (U.S.& Canada) (International Access Numbers) Enter your 7-digit access code, followed by "#" Your access code: 2836069