Analysis resources for d2n
- Do NOT copy/store ROOT files in $HOME/*. Filling $HOME on the adaq cluster and other JLab machines will cause major problems for you and others. Besides, we have much more space on the work disk (see below).
- Do NOT copy/store data files to $HOME/* for any reason.
If you need to create customized ROOT files then please make a personal directory here: '/work/halla/e06014/disk1/ and direct the analyzer to use that path.
- 1 General Guide
- 2 Beam Calibrations
- 3 Detector Calibs
- 4 Particle Identification
- 5 Hall A He3 Polarized Target
- 6 Special Topics
- 7 d2n Talks/Reports
d2n-analysis mailing lists
- d2n-analysis: General Analysis List Archive
- d2n-analysis-talk: Detailed-Analysis Mailing List Archive
Subscribe by going following these links:
Transversity's online ELOG
- Transversity ELOG -- Monitor the E06-010 analysis.
Retrieving files from the Silo/Auger
Use jcache to retrieve files from tape. They will show up in '/cache/mss/halla/e06014/raw/' in a few minutes (usually). The analyzer will automatically find them there.
For example: jcache /mss/halla/e06014/raw/e06014_1246.dat.0 puts the file in '/cache/mss/halla/e06014/raw/e06014_1246.dat.0'
There are very few good reasons to need to copy/store root files or data files in your home directory. Please leave the data files on the /cache/* disks and keep root files on the /work/halla/e06014/* file system.
See also: Jasmine Help
A backup of all files in /adaqfs/home/adaq/e06014/ (online replay files, etc) was made on 01 Sept 2009. (This is in addition to JLab's standard backup mechanisms.)
- It can be found at /work/halla/d2n/adaq-e06014/ (read-only).
- A tarball (1.6 GB) can be retrieved from the Silo to your current working directory with this command. (As a rule, you should not have to do this.)
jget /mss/home/brads/e06014_adaq_directory-01Sept09.tar .
Hall A Analyzer Documentation
- ROOT Tips and Tricks
- Analyzer FAQ
- Hall A C++ Analyzer Documentation
- Details of Trigger Programming
- Class index for v1.5
- BigBite specific info
- List of Analyzer ROOT variable names
- List of EPICS variable names
- Misc. Tools
- JLab Computing Resources (Farm, Silo, etc)
Off Line Analysis for transversity A how-to on using JLab's computer farm to analyze Hall A data. This page uses Transversity's paths, run numbers, etc. Be sure to use the d2n work disk for output!
(Some useful examples here but they use the Transversity configuration. Adapt accordingly.)
Offline Replay Instructions
Calendar, Run Periods
- "Run Calendar"
- It comes up with todays date by default. You want to move back to Feb. 2009 and Mar. 2009. Snapshots are below.
These are scans of the hand-editted run sheets generated by the shift crew.
- Feb 07 -- Feb 20, 2009: Media:e06-014_run_sheets_07Feb-20Feb2009.pdf
- Feb 07 -- Mar 05, 2009: Media:e06-014_run_sheets_21Feb-05Mar2009.pdf
- Mar 06 -- Mar 16, 2009: Media:e06-014_run_sheets_06Mar-16Mar2009.pdf
- Feb 07 -- Mar 16, 2009: Media:e06-014_checklist_07Feb-16Mar2009.pdf
Preliminary Production Run List
- Gas Cerenkov/Pion Rejector (d2n)
- Technical Note (D. Flay): LHRS Detector Calibrations
- LHRS Optics: z_react Study [June 18, 2010] (D. Flay) LHRS Optics Technical Note
- Other Resources:
- T2 Trigger Media:t2_trigger.pdf
- BigBite Optics (d2n)
- BigBite Shower/PSh (d2n)
- BigBite Cerenkov (d2n)
- BigBite MWDC (d2n)
- MWDC Calibration Media:mwdc_v2.pdf
- Gas Cerenkov/Pion Rejector (d2n)
- Gas Cerenkov/Shower (d2n)
Hall A He3 Polarized Target
- D2n Target Calibration List
- Target Characteristics (d2n): *.ods *.pdf
- Target analysis page (Lamiaa El Fassi)
- d2n Target Analysis page (Yawei Zhang)
- Yawei's d2n target page has raw data files, polarization lookup tables, etc.
- Target Analysis Report (Yawei Zhang, 12 Aug 2010): Media:target_report-12Aug2010.pdf
- NOTE: [BDS] There are runs in this report that need additional investigation and labelling (ie. they are tagged as production, but look like something else), and a 3-day period where there are no NMR data (looks like the 4pass unpolarized period). Water calibration is still to be completed.
Analysis Lessons Learned (d2n) from Transversity
Phone conference instructions for these meetings
ESnet Readytalk Dial Toll-Free Number: 866-740-1260 (U.S.& Canada) (International Access Numbers) Enter your 7-digit access code, followed by "#" Your access code: 2836069