Commissioning Run Plan 2016
From Hall A Wiki
For the Spring of 2016 assume:
- Maximum beam current = 20-25 μA but for short times it can go higher for boiling studies and BCM calibration.
- 2.3 GeV @ 1st pass, 4.48 GeV @ 2nd Pass, 8.84 GeV @ 4th pass, and 11.02 GeV @ 5th pass.
- No third pass beam in the Spring of 2016.
- Angle restrictions with DVCS calorimeter in place:
- HRS-BL: 16.5 to 45 degrees
- HRS-BR: 48.74 to 74.5 degrees
Trigger Checkout (Experts)
* Checkout trigger timing * Checkout of EDTM
HRS Detector Checkout (Detector Experts)
* Take a long cosmics run with all detectors on. * Look for dead and hot wires in the wire and straw chambers against an earlier plot to look for any possible inconsistencies in wiring. Check these against those listed in the current analysis parameters. * Look at ADC distributions for the hodoscopes Gas Cherenkovs and lead glass calorimeters. Are they all firing? * Look at TDC distributions for hodoscopes and Gas Cherenkovs. Is the timing reasonable, any multiple peaks, within timing range, etc?
Commissioning and Calibrations
The following items should be performed during the first 1-1.5 shifts with beam on target:
* Initial trigger checkout with beam. Check timing and PID thresholds. * Initial detector checkout with beam. * Initial checks of beam position and raster.