Compton Photon Detector
From Hall A Wiki
Find JTabs on compton@compton:
- In compton@compton: type NewTools from the home directory. Pulls up a small OPS menu.
- Click on it. Go to EDM Hall A. Find JTabs Hall A.
- Start JTabs. Go to Hall A --> Compton --> Controls --> brings up an EDM window. You want the calorimeter table.
Note: the vertical max is 39.99 mm!! The nominal X, Y: 69.9mm, 24.4mm.
- On far right of JTabs menu, there are "master" controls. Find and click on Tools Screen.
- Go to the helicity controls. (The default is delayed, so be careful of this.)
The lockout position is the same as the home position (poor design).
To jog it by hand away from the home position:
- Open up the floor tile against the wall next to the Compton computer. You want the remote control: it is a small beige box with controls. (other box is a killswitch; do not touch).
- You need to first activate the box (turn it on: bottom right switch), or it won't do anything. The red light may or may not come on when you do this (LED is dying). Depending on whether the shift is activated or not, some buttons do two things. You need to toggle the table up just barely. So, flick the switch up, then flip it right back down. Now the JTabs controls should be working.
- Make sure to switch the box back off when you are finished, and replace carefully.