This is the check list for experts on transversity data checker shift.
Notice : Please add items of your specialty field, so every one will do the check
Beamline, beam charge, beam polarization
- BPM A and B (x,y) positions
- Check the front room white board for default value
- Beam charge asymmetry is small (less than 1000ppm)? (Check end-of-run, and check beam charge asymmetry stripchart)
- Beam charge at end-of-run make sense ?
- all BCM charge reading should be consistent
- Example of Good Run:
APPROXIMATE BCM CHARGES (C) BCM u1 [ 0]:0.03799 BCM u3 [ 0]:0.03798 BCM u10[ 0]:0.0336 BCM u1 [++]:0.009217 BCM u3 [++]:0.009211 BCM u10[++]:0.008148 BCM u1 [--]:0.009464 BCM u3 [--]:0.009462 BCM u10[--]:0.008371 BCM u1 [+-]:0.009214 BCM u3 [+-]:0.009211 BCM u10[+-]:0.008148 BCM u1 [-+]:0.009466 BCM u3 [-+]:0.009465 BCM u10[-+]:0.008373 BCM d1 [ 0]:0.03786 BCM d3 [ 0]:0.03787 BCM d10[ 0]:0.03787 BCM d1 [++]:0.009183 BCM d3 [++]:0.009198 BCM d10[++]:0.009188 BCM d1 [--]:0.009428 BCM d3 [--]:0.009432 BCM d10[--]:0.009432 BCM d1 [+-]:0.009182 BCM d3 [+-]:0.009185 BCM d10[+-]:0.009185 BCM d1 [-+]:0.009431 BCM d3 [-+]:0.009434 BCM d10[-+]:0.009436
- Check scaler rate screen, pre-scale factors agree with earlier runs. example of normal rate @ 12uA prodction
- Check online CODA rate and CODA dead time. (Run scaler script, verify deadtime)
- Check start-of-run input. Target type, beam half wave plate, etc.
- Happex run start ahead of transversity run ? (Happex run ends every four hours or so ?)
- Look at shift worker's run-sheet records.
- Confirm CODA not crashed, check DAQ-configuration: twoarm_RICH.
- Check Halog entries.
- Check if spin-flip is ON. Check target polarization history.
- Go To Target Status History
- Check 1st or 3rd plot of Hall A Target Polarization
- Make sure the haPolHe3_Spin_State is changing every 20min (blue square wave)
- Check whether Target Polarization haPolHe3_Flip_NMR_Pol is stable (dark red square wave)
- Check all HV on. BB chamber HV on before run starts.
- Example Start Run with All HV On
- Check Section
- Left S2 HV Left/Right PMTs
- Left S1/Cerenkov/A1 Cerenkov HV
- Left Pion Rejector Layer 1/2 HV
- Map BB_SC_R Measured Voltage/Current
- Map BB_DC Measured Voltage/Current
- Map BB_PS_R Measured Voltage/Current
- Map BB_SC_L Measured Voltage/Current
- Map BB_PS_L Measured Voltage/Current
- Map BB_SH Measured Voltage/Current
- Halog left arm VDC efficiency plots once a shift
- Do Compton monitoring
Run show_all(<run number>) script after shift worker finish a replay. It will pop up a set of plots for expert, which would take ~10min to check through.
A list of minimum check items : (Item / related online plots)
- Check left-HRS VDC efficiency / online("detectorL",run#)
- Check left-HRS VDC time / online("detectorL",run#)
- Check BB chamber wire map / online("detectorBB",run#)
- Check BB shower vs preshower ADC plot, threshold not changed / online("physics",run#)
- Check scaler consistency / online("scalar",run#)
- Spot++ / equavlent plots (raster current, BPMs) are included in online("detectorL",run#)
Hint : You can try to do_all() the golden run to find out what a normal plots should look like
A list of known problems / possible bad runs
- BB chamber HV not on all the time.
- Left-arm VDC gas problem, low efficiency.
- Left-arm TDC shifts, symptom is current run and golden run shows significant difference in TDC times.
- Spin Flip is paused