Documentation of g4sbs
- 1 Documentation page for g4sbs
Documentation page for g4sbs
This page is maintained by the UConn group (Andrew Puckett) and as of July 22, 2015 is based on the "uconn_dev" branch of g4sbs on github.
Getting the code and building the program
- Working ROOT installation. g4sbs is not yet compatible with root version 6!
- Working GEANT4 installation. For the uconn_dev branch, g4sbs is only compatible with GEANT4 version 10.0 and later.
- cmake (also required in any case to build GEANT4).
Note on GEANT4 build options:
- GEANT4_INSTALL_DATA=ON is needed
- On Mac OS X, I have built GEANT4 against Qt version 5.3.2. Newer versions of Qt seem to cause GEANT4 Qt-based visualization to crash.
Downloading the repository
The code is hosted on a github repository owned by JLab. To clone via ssh (preferred method on JLab batch farm), do:
|git clone email@example.com:JeffersonLab/g4sbs.git|
For this method to work, the ssh public key on the machine where you want to get the code must be added to your github account (see Guide to generating ssh keys and adding to your github.com account.)
Building the program
Create a "build" directory that is parallel to the "g4sbs" source directory (this is not strictly required, but the build directory must be separate from the "g4sbs" directory. The following instructions assume that "build" is parallel to "g4sbs":
If successful, the g4sbs executable and several other files and folders will be created in the "build" directory.