Difference between revisions of "ENP GS"
|Line 80:||Line 80:|
| Longwu Ou
| Longwu Ou
Revision as of 14:46, 1 October 2014
“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all
art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause longer
to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.
– Albert Einstein, Physicist
This is the wiki page for the weekly seminars of graduate students of experimental nuclear physics (ENP-GS) at Jefferson Lab. One chosen student will give an informal 30/60-min presentation or lead a discussion on a topic that he/she chooses.
- Time: Thursday 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Location: CEBAF Center F226
We prefer NOT to have notes or slides for the presentation. If you want to give a talk, simply add your name and topic to the agenda. For help doing this, click here
A Google mailing list has been created for communications: EPN-GS@googlegroups.com Please subscribe to the list if you want to receive messages or reminders.
|Dec 12 2013, Thursday||4:00 PM||F226||electronics||Wei Tang|
|Dec 19 2013, Thursday||4:00 PM||F226||HD-ice||Peng Peng|
|Jan 16 2014, Thursday||4:00 PM||F226||DIS and g2p||Chao Gu|
|Jan 30 2014, Thursday||4:00 PM||B101||Elastic Scattering and Proton Charge Radius||Chao Peng|
|Feb 6 2014, Thursday||4:00 PM||A110||SIDIS||Yuxiang Zhao|
|Feb 27 2014, Thursday||4:00 PM||F224/225||Hyper-Nuclear||Chunhua Chen|
|Apr 24 2014, Thursday||4:00 PM||F226||Polarized 3he target||Jie Liu|
|May 01 2014, Thursday||4:00 PM||F226||Instrument||Longwu Ou|
|Oct 02 2014, Thursday||4:00 PM||F226||Wide Angle Compton Scattering||Jixie Zhang|
- Nuclear Physics
- Nucleon form factors
- Nucleon structures
- Meson production/spectroscopy
- Baryon spectroscopy
- Nuclear force/few body problem
- Nuclear structure
- Exotic states
- Electroweak interaction/parity violation
- Test of standard model
- Particle's interaction with material
- Gaseous detectors
- Solid state detectors
- Cherenkov detectors
- Cryogenic targets
- Polarized targets
- Beam diagnosis
- Analysis Tricks
- Probabilities in experimental physics
- Monte Carlo
- Data regression
- Other Physics
- Big bang
- Neutrino oscillation
- Higgs boson
Getting started with wiki
How to upload files
- If you do not have a directory to post files, you can upload the file in wiki.
How to update the agenda
- Now you know the link location of you files. Just login the wiki and go to .
- Copy and paste the agenda part and change the date.
- Put "[file-link-location topic-name]" instead of "topic" and replace "presenter with "your name".
- If you have any question, feel free to contact Jie (email@example.com).