Friday, August 17, 2018 2PM ET
From Hall A Wiki
Revision as of 13:44, 17 August 2018 by Rakithab
Previous meeting: Friday, August 3, 2018 2PM ET
Task List Summary
- Simulation tasks Task List by Dustin
- Simulation tasks Task List by Rakitha
- Main detector simulation tasks Task List by Michael
- Target Shielding update [slides]
- Sky-shine update
- Original "rad_dose" analysis script was ballooning in complexity and disagreeing with "hallRad" code from prexSim analysis, as well as T->Draw() commands.
- New T->Draw() based macro replaces original "rad_dose" (in "rad_analysis" repo) and gets the right numbers (meaning many old results that Cameron showed are untrustworthy unfortunately)
- Chandan is revamping the shielding design and using his expertise with shielding materials to make progress
- Simulation coding updates
- Envelopes: Made updates to envelope fitting algorithm, updated trajectory storage method and added track id to its root tree branch, and have data that can be used to produce updated envelopes for various generators and cuts of interest. Photon envelopes are being generated geometrically still (using C++ code written by Seamus several years ago), to see effect of collimator changes for gammas in the primary acceptance and central beampipe regions. Results are coming very soon.
- Optical photons in Geant: mess up the track status of primary electrons, breaking the ability to detect them on geometry boundaries. Wouter is investigating this and encountering Geant bugs.
Attendance: Rakitha, KK, Chandan, Ciprian, Cameron, Dustin