Friday, March 30, 2018 2PM ET
From Hall A Wiki
Previous meeting: Friday, March 16, 2018 2PM ET
Task List Summary
- Simulation tasks Task List by Dustin
- Simulation tasks Task List by Rakitha
- Main detector simulation tasks Task List by Michael
Simulation concerns Cameron has encountered recently:
- Update the IO - save branches without explicitly declaring arrays in advance - to prevent buffer overflow errors from crashing the simulation.
- Magnetic field handling error - 1% of the time Cameron's simulation fails at startup while reading the magnetic field
- This isn't a big deal, but the source of the error seems to not be reproducible by seed declaration and consequently it is not entirely clear what the problem is.
- Seed declaration in the macros doesn't work when the declaration is placed after the /run/initialize command, but I think the command line flags always work (as of the current develop branch)
- I would like to establish standard and functional behavior for the default runexample.mac where the example macro commands are properly placed relative to the /run/initialize command and have brief explanations of how they work and what they are intended for.
- Establishing geometry tags and submodules
- Wouter has been working on git submoduling  to keep track of geometry repositories in a separate trackable way from the main simulation code - it's time to bring this functionality online and to start keeping track of geometry designs with tags for ease of transfer between projects and people.