Friday, March 30, 2018 2PM ET
From Hall A Wiki
Previous meeting: Friday, March 16, 2018 2PM ET
Task List Summary
- Simulation tasks Task List by Dustin
- Simulation tasks Task List by Rakitha
- Main detector simulation tasks Task List by Michael
Simulation concerns Cameron has encountered recently:
- Update the IO - save branches without explicitly declaring arrays in advance - to prevent buffer overflow errors from crashing the simulation.
- Magnetic field handling error - 1% of the time Cameron's simulation fails at startup while reading the magnetic field
- This isn't a big deal, but the source of the error seems to not be reproducible by seed declaration and consequently it is not entirely clear what the problem is.
- Seed declaration in the macros doesn't work when the declaration is placed after the /run/initialize command, but I think the command line flags always work (as of the current develop branch)
- I would like to establish standard and functional behavior for the default runexample.mac where the example macro commands are properly placed relative to the /run/initialize command and have brief explanations of how they work and what they are intended for.
- Establishing geometry tags and submodules
- Wouter has been working on git submoduling  to keep track of geometry repositories in a separate trackable way from the main simulation code - it's time to bring this functionality online and to start keeping track of geometry designs with tags for ease of transfer between projects and people.
Rakitha, Dustin, Ciprian, KK, Seamus, Cameron, Chandan
- IO branch in remoll upgraded to prevent crashing
- Reason could be due to multi-threading update
- Issue with using custom seed
- Git submoduling to keep track of geometry repositories separately to the code
- Shower-max detector SBU update next week
- qsim simulation preparation for radiation effects