The SRC Tritium Experiment (E12-14-011) is an (e,e'p) experiment in Hall A, comparing the momentum distribution of protons in tritium and helium-3. These nuclei have a large proton-neutron asymmetry, but are also isospin-mirror nuclei, meaning that the proton distribution in tritium can tell us about the neutron distribution in helium-3.
Put your travel information here
Run Coordinator Schedule
| April 12
|| April 19
|| Florian Hauenstein
| April 20
|| April 22
|| Eric Fuchey
| April 23
|| April 30
|| Barak Schmookler
| May 1
|| end of run
| Run Coordinator (RC)
| Florian Hauenstein
|| (757) 746-3395
| Reynier Cruz-Torres
|| (786) 398-1443
| Machine Control Center (MCC)
|| (757) 218-0722
| Greg Smith
|| (757) 871-4371
| Silviu Covrig
|| (843) 697-1753
| Dave Meekins
|| (757) 968-9076
| Chris Keith
|| (757) 746-9277
- You need to have a JLab account and be an active user.
- All trainings are available HERE.
- You can check the current status of your trainings HERE.
The trainings that we need are:
- SAF110T - Tritium Training
- SAF116kd - Physics Division Work Governance
- SAF103 - ODH Training (Short quiz at the end)
- SAF100 - EH&S Orientation
- SAF801 - Radiation Worker Training
- If you do it for the first time you need to do a quiz at a JLab computer and a practical test. Afterwards you get your personal dosimeter
- If you renew your Radiation Worker training you only need to do the quiz.
- SAF110 - After you did all of the above you need the Hall A walkthrough.
- Read and sign the COO/ESAD/RSAD/ERG in the counting room. Electronic copies are HERE.
Tritium Target Operator Training
- Most detailed description of what to do can be found HERE.
- cryotarget training (lets you operate the standard Hall-A/C targets)
- Contact Greg, JP, and Silviu (see table above) to schedule time to receive a lecture. Lecture slides HERE.
- Lecture training followed by a practical training with one of them.
- Take half a shift with a trained Target Operator.
- Once the steps above are completed, send an email to Meekins, Greg, JP, and Silviu letting them know
- Tritium Target Operator Training
- Note that this is different from the SAF110T - Tritium Training mentioned above
- Training consists of going through the slides HERE.
- Send an email to Meekins letting him know that you completed the training
Previous (e,e'p) studies
Weekly SRC Meetings (Wednesdays 10:00 ET)