How to adjust discriminator threshold on HCAL DAC
From Hall A Wiki
Revision as of 16:06, 11 October 2021 by Skbarcus (→How to adjust the VME DAC BBCAL discriminator thresholds)
How to adjust the VME DAC BBCAL discriminator thresholds
- Log into sbs-onl@adaq2 with the usual sbs-onl password
- Navigate to /adaqfs/home/sbs-onl/hcal/GUI.
- Execute the command
- After executing the command, the a new DAC GUI should pop up which has instructions to load, initialize and save the settings and adjust the thresholds. The terminal in which the command was executed should also print the previous settings of all the channels.
- Click on "Load mpv04Library tab" to load a library
- Click on "Initialize mpv04" to initialize the library
- Click on "Save settings" to save the settings
- Go to the "Enter New Voltage Setting (Volts)" slot and enter the desired threshold
- Click on "Set Voltage" after entering the desired threshold.
- Make sure that BBCal Hi Discriminator 1 and BBCal Hi Discriminator 2 have the same value entered
- Check the online gui on to make sure that the entered thresholds are indeed registered.
- For problems/questions with this GUI contact Scott Barcus (firstname.lastname@example.org).