Difference between revisions of "June 28, 2018"

From Hall A Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
 
(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)
Line 31: Line 31:
 
# Overview of timeline for PREX readiness [https://mollerpol.jlab.org/cgi-bin/DocDB/private/ShowDocument?docid=10 link]
 
# Overview of timeline for PREX readiness [https://mollerpol.jlab.org/cgi-bin/DocDB/private/ShowDocument?docid=10 link]
 
# GEANT4 simulation update -Eric K []
 
# GEANT4 simulation update -Eric K []
# GEANT3 simulation update -Bill H []
+
# GEANT3 simulation update -Bill H [https://mollerpol.jlab.org/cgi-bin/DocDB/private/ShowDocument?docid=11]
 
# Magnet and Kerr update -Simona M., Jinlong Z. []
 
# Magnet and Kerr update -Simona M., Jinlong Z. []
  
Line 37: Line 37:
  
 
Minutes
 
Minutes
 +
Went over summary of tasks to be completed for PREX. Comments by Simona and Sasha that Roman should be added to DAQ expert.
  
+
Bill continues work on G3 optical transport. It appears that turning Q1 off works fine and we will work on a Q2 and Q4 only optics solution. Working on implementing TOSCA maps. Sasha will provide maps at 1.1 GeV and 2.2 GeV and we will see if they are linearly scalable.
 +
 
 +
Eric showed results of adding scaled TOSCA map to G4. All tracks mysteriously bent in same direction in quads. Need to understand this. Added phlange prior to dipole and removed a lot of junk from detector hitmaps. Will be in contact with Bill to ensure all G3 geometry and G4 match up.
 +
 
 +
Update on magnet from Javier.
 +
Hi Don,
 +
 
 +
Last week I was off but before that we had cooled down the magnet and operated it to 4T. Everything went OK. Temps are higher (half a degree at cooling head and magnet, few degrees at power leads) - so, we still have that puzzle. Checked a few things on the target (just repeat of work done by Bill and Ethan previously). The magnet was let to warm up on June 15. No progress has been made on the communications front - we met with the controls group today so, we will we see how things go.
 +
 
 +
Cheers - Javier
  
 
----
 
----
  
 
Attendees:
 
Attendees:
 +
Don, Simona, Bill, Kent, Sanghwa, Eric, Richard, Paul, Sasha, Jim,

Latest revision as of 15:59, 28 June 2018

Back to Main Page >> Moller Page >> Moller Weekly Meeting Index

previous meeting << >> following meeting


Moller DocDB Meeting

Original Moller Polarimeter Page

Moller ELog


Connection details:


Meeting URL https://bluejeans.com/149766532

Meeting ID 149 766 532

US toll free phone 1.888.240.2560

Dial in, type in the meeting ID and then press ##



Agenda

  1. Overview of timeline for PREX readiness link
  2. GEANT4 simulation update -Eric K []
  3. GEANT3 simulation update -Bill H [1]
  4. Magnet and Kerr update -Simona M., Jinlong Z. []

Minutes Went over summary of tasks to be completed for PREX. Comments by Simona and Sasha that Roman should be added to DAQ expert.

Bill continues work on G3 optical transport. It appears that turning Q1 off works fine and we will work on a Q2 and Q4 only optics solution. Working on implementing TOSCA maps. Sasha will provide maps at 1.1 GeV and 2.2 GeV and we will see if they are linearly scalable.

Eric showed results of adding scaled TOSCA map to G4. All tracks mysteriously bent in same direction in quads. Need to understand this. Added phlange prior to dipole and removed a lot of junk from detector hitmaps. Will be in contact with Bill to ensure all G3 geometry and G4 match up.

Update on magnet from Javier. Hi Don,

Last week I was off but before that we had cooled down the magnet and operated it to 4T. Everything went OK. Temps are higher (half a degree at cooling head and magnet, few degrees at power leads) - so, we still have that puzzle. Checked a few things on the target (just repeat of work done by Bill and Ethan previously). The magnet was let to warm up on June 15. No progress has been made on the communications front - we met with the controls group today so, we will we see how things go.

Cheers - Javier


Attendees: Don, Simona, Bill, Kent, Sanghwa, Eric, Richard, Paul, Sasha, Jim,