Meeting 2022 07 13
From Hall A Wiki
Revision as of 20:39, 12 July 2022 by Adr
GMn GEM commissioning Meetings: WEDNESDAY 10:30am - 11:30am
Link to all previous meetings: GMn GEM Commissioning Meeting
Please use sbs_gems mailing list for plots/communications and HALOG entries relevant to GEMs!
Near term work plan
- SBS GEM installation update 07-13-2022
- See installation plan for SBS here: plan
- [photos from the hall https://hallaweb.jlab.org/wiki/index.php/File:Installation_Update_22June2022.pdf]
- Installation of HV dividers on BB: work plan
- Thoughts on special run requests during GEn:
- Luminosity studies (Nilanga)
- Full readout studies for negative pulse studies and etc (Sean)
Update on INFN GEM layers for GEn-RP
- Ran up a new divider on the front layer GEM of the inline stack. Verified temperature and V/I consistent with divider run-up with no GEM.
- Currently in Hall. Plan to install new dividers on upstream-most layer while we can easily access. Will need sliding platform to remove the layer to install the new dividers on the second layer.
Update on UVa GEM layers for GEn-RP
- UVA GEM HDMI, HV and LV cables are all connected.
- Waiting for the order of shut-off valves to arrive so that we can start running Nitrogen.
- Also waiting for the order of BNC cables so that we can make long clock and trigger cables - once this step is completed and all the crates are in the network, we can start doing all the low level test to debug cable connections, figure out clock phase, and etc.
Update on BB GEMs
- All BB GEMs on Ar/CO2 gas for 5 days, https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/4008870
- Getting the HiVolta supply connected to the network before running cosmics.
- Need to get the new HV on the main HV GUI and added in EPICS
DAQ updates (Ben, Bryan, Alex)
- schematic of setup?
- FIR filter?