Meeting 2022 09 07
GMn GEM commissioning Meetings: WEDNESDAY 10:30am - 11:30am
Link to all previous meetings: GMn GEM Commissioning Meeting
Please use sbs_gems mailing list for plots/communications and HALOG entries relevant to GEMs!
Near term work plan
- SBS DAQ integration to GEn-II
- Analyzer and SBS-offline preparation for GEn-II
- See installation plan for SBS here: plan
- [photos from the hall https://hallaweb.jlab.org/wiki/index.php/File:Installation_Update_22June2022.pdf]
- Installation of HV dividers on BB: work plan
- Thoughts on special run requests during GEn:
- Luminosity studies (Nilanga)
- Full readout studies for negative pulse studies and etc (Sean)
--- Current Status of SBS GEMs Data/Analyzer (John) ---
- All layers/modules of SBS stack are operational and taking data.
- Further latency adjustments improved hits and efficiencies
Update on INFN GEM layers for GEn-RP
- Ran up a new divider on the front layer GEM of the inline stack. Verified temperature and V/I consistent with divider run-up with no GEM.
- Currently in Hall. Plan to install new dividers on upstream-most layer while we can easily access. Will need sliding platform to remove the layer to install the new dividers on the second layer.
Update on UVa GEM layers for GEn-RP
- Gas shut-off valve configuration for outputs were changed as per the advice from Nilanga and Huong. Now we have two shut-off valves for the two separate outputs instead of T-ing the outputs and putting a single shut-off valve. This work is only partially completed as we had to order more shut-off valves for this. In the meantime, we disconnected the unfinished GEMs from the T connectors.
- We successfully completed out very first HV test under Nitrogen in Hall! See the log entry: SBS Inline UVA GEM first HV test under nitrogen in the Hall
- Majority of the cable connections/clock phase are fine for the 6 UVA layers. We still have to re-test a few MPDs/APVs today and hopefully we will be done within today itself.
- What's left after that will be take pedestal data.