From Hall A Wiki
Revision as of 20:26, 25 April 2009 by Ellie
This is a culmination of information about the Hall A Neutron Detector (or HAND for short).
Running the Neutron Detector
- Make sure the High Voltages are turned on
- This is done on the HV GUI (run from adev@adaql3)
- The important channels are listed [http:/http://hallaweb.jlab.org/experiment/E05-102/Shift_Worker_HV_Map.pdf in the Neutron Detector HV Map].
- This includes all channels in crate bbps1:2001, all of slots 0, 1, 2, and 3 in crate bbps:2002, and the up to channel L4.3 in slot 4
- If a High Voltage Alarm sounds, turn the channel off and then back on
- Run the RHRS CODA with the setting "RhrsND"
- Analyzing the RHRS (using replay_R(run#) will analyze the neutron detector data
- To view just the HAND data once replayed, use the command online("detectorND",run#)
- In general,
- the ADCs should look like the first row of this image:File:Http://www.jlab.org/~adaq/halog/html/0904 archive/090425180242.1.png
- and the TDCs should look this:
- If they don't, make a HAlog entry about it