Difference between revisions of "Octorber 22nd 2021"

From Hall A Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "*Updates **HCal **coincidence trigger **Bigbite Shower **Hodoscope **GRINCH **CDet **(LHRS) dropped from running **GEM Bigbite INFN **GEM UVA clean room **Helicity **Beamline/...")
 
 
(2 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 2: Line 2:
 
**HCal
 
**HCal
 
**coincidence trigger
 
**coincidence trigger
 +
https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3929758
 +
***run taken coincidence trigger, seems ok - need to look more in details
 +
***window for coincidence event shifted by 30 ns - BB at beginning of window - Mark will post an update
 
**Bigbite Shower
 
**Bigbite Shower
 +
***working !
 +
***still working on calibration - but relies on optic progress
 +
***seems no need to tune HV more
 
**Hodoscope
 
**Hodoscope
 +
***running taking data
 +
***working on timing calibration
 +
***had to reduce HV by 10 V on each channels to reduce rate
 +
***should have all data need to complete timing
 +
***still working on RF time
 
**GRINCH
 
**GRINCH
 +
***
 
**CDet
 
**CDet
 +
***still troubleshooting
 
**(LHRS) dropped from running
 
**(LHRS) dropped from running
 
**GEM Bigbite INFN
 
**GEM Bigbite INFN
 +
***issue with MPD23 hanging the DAQ, Ben and Bryan added more diagnostic and one feature to allow resetting VTP when it gets stuck, will try when beam comes back.
 +
***setting
 +
***need to think if any more diagnostics can be implemented
 +
***issue on same detector but on different backplane - ground sit in little hole popped out
 +
**GEM INFN clean room
 +
***DAQ working - data on new UV layer to be swapped in Hall A
 +
***Pedestal and common mode
 +
***run HV and take more data - cosmics if times allows - but might move in Hall early next week
 
**GEM UVA clean room
 
**GEM UVA clean room
 +
***all hardware mostly in place
 +
***Bryan working on software
 +
***updating firmware and setting everything up
 +
***attaching HDMI cable
 +
***trying to start DAQ this week-end
 +
***lemo cables - might have enough for both clock and trigger
 
**Helicity
 
**Helicity
 +
***everything looks ok in Hall A
 +
***working on analyzer part
 +
***new helicity decoder board on hand, getting started on that, could plan trying it later
 
**Beamline/scalers
 
**Beamline/scalers
 +
***20 db attenuator put on SBS patch panel ( NIM removed )
 +
***raster with beam off - range should be ok
 +
***FADC offset set to 2200
 +
***LHRS SBS correlation looks ok
 +
***beam off pedestal for correction
 +
***some error messages in sbsvme29 might be removed after recompilation
 
**HV
 
**HV
  
Line 18: Line 54:
 
**Deadtime
 
**Deadtime
 
https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3923169
 
https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3923169
 +
**MSS write speed
 +
https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3930184
 +
around 150 MB/s
 +
  
  
Line 65: Line 105:
 
**sync check scripts other modules F1, 1190, FADC ( Andrew , Alex, Mark 20%)
 
**sync check scripts other modules F1, 1190, FADC ( Andrew , Alex, Mark 20%)
 
**(90%) reference channel to all crates - need HCal and Shower + RF - need to add RF to HCAL - 3 cables - in hodoscope crate - if shower FADC available can add  
 
**(90%) reference channel to all crates - need HCal and Shower + RF - need to add RF to HCAL - 3 cables - in hodoscope crate - if shower FADC available can add  
separate - need RC box for shower and hodo if possibe  
+
separate - need RC box for shower and hodo if possible  
 
**(new) Trigger latch TS to TDC ( Alex,Mark 0%) try F1 ? or add vetroc gem crate - or hodoscope ) - trigger bank has latch  
 
**(new) Trigger latch TS to TDC ( Alex,Mark 0%) try F1 ? or add vetroc gem crate - or hodoscope ) - trigger bank has latch  
 
**event type decoding in analyzer - ( mention at analysis meeting ) - need to check with Ole ?
 
**event type decoding in analyzer - ( mention at analysis meeting ) - need to check with Ole ?
**MPD retiming (?) with V1495 ( done ) - timestamp issue still need to be implemented - in datastream but might still have issues - can fix with firwmare update - can use TI timestamp to check with other - MPD timestamp not always reliable and misaligned at the start - might be best to test in EEL first - timestamp - event counter working - couple of hours - updating MPD, V1495 and readout list - might need 4 hours - can induce change in latency -  
+
**MPD retiming with V1495 ( done ) - timestamp issue still need to be implemented - in datastream but might still have issues - can fix with firwmare update - can use TI timestamp to check with other - MPD timestamp not always reliable and misaligned at the start - might be best to test in EEL first - timestamp - event counter working - couple of hours - updating MPD, V1495 and readout list - might need 4 hours - can induce change in latency -  
 +
**need to look at MPD timestamp make sure they all agree
 
***Possible new tasks
 
***Possible new tasks
 
****rcdb
 
****rcdb
 
****check latency with DiagGui ( needs firmware and code work - low priority )  
 
****check latency with DiagGui ( needs firmware and code work - low priority )  
****User event inserted at each split with timestamp, spectrometer information  
+
****User event inserted at each split with timestamp, spectrometer information - should discuss with andre
****mysql database
+
****mysql database  
 
****autoanalysis at end of run -  
 
****autoanalysis at end of run -  
 
****setup laptop for CH blujeans and Slack
 
****setup laptop for CH blujeans and Slack
 +
****hodoscope calibration
 +
****HCAL calibration
 
**GEN RP
 
**GEN RP
 
***setup on halladev  ( done )
 
***setup on halladev  ( done )
Line 118: Line 161:
 
***not clear what is happening - still to be investigated - TD see busy - need to make sure shift worker keep an eye - maybe alarm
 
***not clear what is happening - still to be investigated - TD see busy - need to make sure shift worker keep an eye - maybe alarm
 
**(new) DC1 hangup
 
**(new) DC1 hangup
**(new) TDC errors - just one run though - https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3923168
+
**n(new) TDC errors - just one run though - https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3923168
 
**(new) sbsvtp1 not detecting MPD fiber
 
**(new) sbsvtp1 not detecting MPD fiber
 
**(fixed) ROC17 F1 data - data left at sync event - cabling for SD trigger input from ROC16 was left
 
**(fixed) ROC17 F1 data - data left at sync event - cabling for SD trigger input from ROC16 was left
Line 124: Line 167:
  
 
*Unresolved issue
 
*Unresolved issue
**(need to test)Shower FADC bad channel - FADC replaced but problem could not be reproduce - need to test more ( on going - low priority ) - FADC in test lab - DAQ setup - need to feed signal
+
**(need to test)FADC bad channel - FADC replaced but problem could not be reproduce - need to test more ( on going - low priority ) - FADC in test lab - DAQ setup - need to feed signal
 
**(still there)warning PEB ROC - Bryan checking with Dave - might incorrect flag - not sure why - but data still in sync since only happens - still happening - not sure if it is an issue
 
**(still there)warning PEB ROC - Bryan checking with Dave - might incorrect flag - not sure why - but data still in sync since only happens - still happening - not sure if it is an issue
 
**HV can put documentation for other non EPICS control
 
**HV can put documentation for other non EPICS control
Line 132: Line 175:
 
**(new) EPICS insertion : working better but still hangs for long runs
 
**(new) EPICS insertion : working better but still hangs for long runs
 
**(new) ROC19 busy fiber : issue became worse - MPD23 disabled - firmware fixes to be implemented
 
**(new) ROC19 busy fiber : issue became worse - MPD23 disabled - firmware fixes to be implemented
**(new) DC1 hangup - related to ET issue  
+
**(new) ER1 hangup - related to ET issue -
**(new) TDC errors - just one run though - https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3923168
+
**(new) TDC errors - just one run though - https://logbooks.jlab.org/ent
**(new) sbsvtp1 not detecting MPD fiber
+
ry/3923168**(new) sbsvtp1 not detecting MPD fiber
 
**(new)HCAL flag file crashing ROCs : file too long ?
 
**(new)HCAL flag file crashing ROCs : file too long ?
 
**(new) Raster saturation ( fixed with 20 db attenuator )
 
**(new) Raster saturation ( fixed with 20 db attenuator )
 +
**(New) No clear signal in GRINCH
 +
**HCAL fifo overflow https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3925327 - will check HCal people
  
 
**GEN RP
 
**GEN RP

Latest revision as of 10:08, 22 October 2021

  • Updates
    • HCal
    • coincidence trigger

https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3929758

      • run taken coincidence trigger, seems ok - need to look more in details
      • window for coincidence event shifted by 30 ns - BB at beginning of window - Mark will post an update
    • Bigbite Shower
      • working !
      • still working on calibration - but relies on optic progress
      • seems no need to tune HV more
    • Hodoscope
      • running taking data
      • working on timing calibration
      • had to reduce HV by 10 V on each channels to reduce rate
      • should have all data need to complete timing
      • still working on RF time
    • GRINCH
    • CDet
      • still troubleshooting
    • (LHRS) dropped from running
    • GEM Bigbite INFN
      • issue with MPD23 hanging the DAQ, Ben and Bryan added more diagnostic and one feature to allow resetting VTP when it gets stuck, will try when beam comes back.
      • setting
      • need to think if any more diagnostics can be implemented
      • issue on same detector but on different backplane - ground sit in little hole popped out
    • GEM INFN clean room
      • DAQ working - data on new UV layer to be swapped in Hall A
      • Pedestal and common mode
      • run HV and take more data - cosmics if times allows - but might move in Hall early next week
    • GEM UVA clean room
      • all hardware mostly in place
      • Bryan working on software
      • updating firmware and setting everything up
      • attaching HDMI cable
      • trying to start DAQ this week-end
      • lemo cables - might have enough for both clock and trigger
    • Helicity
      • everything looks ok in Hall A
      • working on analyzer part
      • new helicity decoder board on hand, getting started on that, could plan trying it later
    • Beamline/scalers
      • 20 db attenuator put on SBS patch panel ( NIM removed )
      • raster with beam off - range should be ok
      • FADC offset set to 2200
      • LHRS SBS correlation looks ok
      • beam off pedestal for correction
      • some error messages in sbsvme29 might be removed after recompilation
    • HV


  • HALOG
    • Deadtime

https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3923169

    • MSS write speed

https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3930184 around 150 MB/s


  • Completed tasks
    • Cable to weldment ( David / Heidi 100%? )
    • cabling scaler/beamline crate ( David , Bob 100%)
    • HRS to TS and timing ( Bob, Maria 50% ) - programmed high threshold for other detectors - dropped
    • software for FADC pedestals : Bryan will give to Brad ( done )
    • Prescale GUI (Bob 100%) - up to 8 TS input
    • RF (Bob ,Maria 100%) - located RF prescaler and signal - need to send to HRS and SBS weldment - in hodoscope TDC - looking for new RF board - looked ok on scope but seems odd on data - sometimes can vary ( 180 to 160 ns might be 1190) - will send to HCal F1 - might feed a clock in another channel - LHRS 103.7 KHz clock - can send copy from HRS -
    • EDTM at least 1 Hz for helicity ( Scott, Arun, Mark ? 100 % ) Just need to check it is working : in 1190 - GUI working

-running at 20 Hz - keep 0.5 A 5V fuse on hand - Right now disabled - can turn on - EDTM is 20 Hz

    • Hodoscope v1190 clock ( Alex , Mark , Ralph) - done
      • check if calibration is needed after switch (Rachel,Mark 100% )- to do but should not be much - check with Ben if he as software - Calibration done with RF time - ~93 ps per channel - RF prescaler seems OK -
    • Full configration all crates ( Bryan - 100% ) - can attach process to components - just finish CODA config - need add sbsvme29
    • need setup screens for online display and analysis, Hall A tools on big screen - can make a map file - (Bryan , done ) - change browser home page to GMn to experiment -
    • data rate test with new computer and 2 VTPs ( Alex, Bryan 20%) - sbsvtp1 booted and online - could reduce dead time and setting - TOP J2 fiber could - could set a MPD -
      • could set that a separate
    • test GEM zero supression ( Sean, Holly )- done
    • FIR ( Sean , Ben , 20 % ? ) Not working - Ben will test in DAQ Lab - long HDMI cable - can get from GEN RP - follow up Paolo and Evaristo
    • (done) GEM cosmics ( Sean, Holly ) 70 % - still working on gas issue - no HV plateau curves for INFN chambers
    • (done)Shower cosmics (Arun, Provokar ) 100 %
    • (done) HCAL cosmics (Scott) - investigating the issue - most channel working - most likely light guide - have enough overhead on HV to run this way
    • optimize trigger rules
    • GRINCH cosmics ( Bradley ) - need 3 more runs x 8 - 4 FADC - only 64 out of 550 - if need moving around but will look at where they are for now.
    • Hodoscope cosmics ( Ralph ) - calibration TDC and nino thresholds : looks pretty good - just need to look at FADC - upper third, 2 left - 100% have all ADC -
    • DAQ documentation ( Alex, Rachel ,Don) ( 99 % resets, need starting CODA 100 % / troubleshoooting 80% ) - found some issues being addressed
    • suggest taking all detectors cosmics every night
    • add scaler crate to full config ( Alex, Steve, Paul - 100 %) - working
    • coincidence trigger (done ) - need fine tune inputs at TS
    • BB CAL and HCAL at TS - delayed after coincidence (Mark, done ) - need the RC box for FADC ref channel - need delay single triggers (Mark , done 15 ns ) - add GRINCH LED (done #5) -
    • add FADCs for shower sum and HODO ( David / Mark /Bryan : done )
    • add FADCs for GRINCH (Bryan/Alex) - done - mode 7 or mode 1 ?
    • read threshold for discriminator from with RPi be Ellen (done) (noise issue was fixed), need give code to Steve ( done ) - could add in logentry or wiki for adding in other scripts ( check with Steve ) - Scott wanted to add those readback in GUI - decide to add the data stream
    • scaler gating with TS (Alex, Steve) done ? , need include code in readout list - Steve looking at adding to TS list (done)
    • MPD crates on hareboot6 (done) - can be power cycled remotely
    • put UVA GEM LV on reboot switch (done)
    • GEM, FADC pedestal configuration (Alex) done
    • (done)Spot ++ and replay beamline sbsvme29 (David) (spot works on SBS side )
    • (done)clean up CODA configuration (Alex, Bryan) done
      • (done?)documentation
      • (done)scripts for threshold scan done
  • On-going tasks
    • EPICS / start End of run logging script (Bob 99% ) - just need to add configuration - will make a test configuration - need to make sure we have all variables - and variables to add at begining / end of run and during the run (EPICS 131 event - need to add to analyzer ) - Provokar gave scripts for some variables to be added : HV for all detectors - issue with ET - Paul checking if there are scripts submitting event as Beginning Of Run event - might be reason for hang-ups
    • script check MPD sync ( Ben , Andrew 20%) - code to unpack information already written - need run with those data - timestamp need some work
    • sync check scripts other modules F1, 1190, FADC ( Andrew , Alex, Mark 20%)
    • (90%) reference channel to all crates - need HCal and Shower + RF - need to add RF to HCAL - 3 cables - in hodoscope crate - if shower FADC available can add

separate - need RC box for shower and hodo if possible

    • (new) Trigger latch TS to TDC ( Alex,Mark 0%) try F1 ? or add vetroc gem crate - or hodoscope ) - trigger bank has latch
    • event type decoding in analyzer - ( mention at analysis meeting ) - need to check with Ole ?
    • MPD retiming with V1495 ( done ) - timestamp issue still need to be implemented - in datastream but might still have issues - can fix with firwmare update - can use TI timestamp to check with other - MPD timestamp not always reliable and misaligned at the start - might be best to test in EEL first - timestamp - event counter working - couple of hours - updating MPD, V1495 and readout list - might need 4 hours - can induce change in latency -
    • need to look at MPD timestamp make sure they all agree
      • Possible new tasks
        • rcdb
        • check latency with DiagGui ( needs firmware and code work - low priority )
        • User event inserted at each split with timestamp, spectrometer information - should discuss with andre
        • mysql database
        • autoanalysis at end of run -
        • setup laptop for CH blujeans and Slack
        • hodoscope calibration
        • HCAL calibration
    • GEN RP
      • setup on halladev ( done )
      • setup VTP - Bryan working on setting computers and VTP - Ben will bring 2nd VTP


  • Fixed issues
    • (fixed)transceiver issues : HCAL TI might be suspicious ROC 17 ( Scott replaced two transceiver but need to test might be bad connection )
      • 1 out of 4 HRS run with TS, if reboot TS usually fixes it - (fixed after firmware downgrade )
    • (fixed)network issue : one short fiber replaced, will try to put in protective tube (fixed)
    • (fixed )LHRS TI : working now ( no issues seen so far )
    • (fixed)GEM with TS hanging - real MPD out of sync - fixed with new firmware - (fixed : 5.2 KHz bufferlevel 5)
    • (need to test)Shower FADC bad channel - FADC replaced but problem could not be reproduce - need to test more ( on going - low priority ) - FADC in test lab - DAQ setup - need to feed signal
    • (fixed)HCAL FADC bad channel - repaired by Bill - jumper wiggled loose - if no pedestal - could be this jumper (fixed)
    • (fixed)HCAL ROC16 fiber - will double check if fiber 5 enabled - use slave5 - added additionnal fiber for ROC16 - (fixed) by cleaning
    • (still there)warning PEB ROC - Bryan checking with Dave - might incorrect flag - not sure why - but data still in sync since only happens - still happening - not sure if it is an issue
    • (fixed giving up F1)Shower F1 issue at high rate - need to check with OT#2 - check at sync event implemented - DMA error might come from multiple pulsing - switched to 1190 (fixed) -
    • (fixed)Helicity scaler readout : issues working with same DMA configuration - scalers doing regular VME (fixed)
    • (done)need copy of L1A for helicity scaler - can send TI output ? counting L1A between helicity event to track sync -done
    • (fixed) Full config still hanging on LHRS and HCAL busy : no hanging buffer level 2 - need more testing high rate - (fixed after firmware downgrade)
    • use HV EPICS : type go_hv on aslow on adaqsc , need people to check if it works and if mapping is correct - bug with off button - hodoscope channel turning off
      • control system studio try self update and NFS down
      • EPICS server need to be started at boot, Ole and Bryan - ? ( rebooted crate , working now ? )
    • can put documentation for other control
    • (still ongoing) ROC17 F1 data - data left at sync event - seems fixed after fixing busy cabling - still see a few with high random rate ( tweak trigger rule and gate width ? Is it an issue ? ) - put F1 trigger input / output on scaler

https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3924554

    • (fixed) hodoscope no data in some events - seems fixed after putting busy from distribution board
    • (fixed) HCAL ROC17 crash / shutdown ( fixed after replacing CPU )
    • (fixed) V1190 stuck at prestart - went away after switch to external clock - maybe bad connection ( Bryan took out readback loop - not hang - maybe check parameters are correct)
    • (fixed) deadtime ROC17 HCAL ( bad CPU connected at 100 Mbps - maybe fixed need test)
    • (fixed) deadtime ROC5 hodoscope ( need to test - issue with busy fixed )
    • (fixed - only combined DAQ) CODA database corruption - make sure to release components when run is stopped
    • (fixed but not understood) one night with bad latency ( was an ECL cable inverted somewhere ) GEM estimated about -200 ns shift + 140 ns today
    • (new, sort of) HV hodoscope channels turning off
    • (fixed) Glasgow colleague IP maybe black listed -
    • (work around) if you try to edit wiki from frame of GMn website, it does not work, need to open the wiki in a new browser window to log into wiki
    • (fixed) sbsvme29 TI error with GMN1 config
    • (cannot be fixed - been that way forever) Raster X1 vs Raster X2 anticorrelation
    • (new) EPICS insertion
    • (new) ROC19 busy fiber
      • not clear what is happening - still to be investigated - TD see busy - need to make sure shift worker keep an eye - maybe alarm
    • (new) DC1 hangup
    • n(new) TDC errors - just one run though - https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3923168
    • (new) sbsvtp1 not detecting MPD fiber
    • (fixed) ROC17 F1 data - data left at sync event - cabling for SD trigger input from ROC16 was left


  • Unresolved issue
    • (need to test)FADC bad channel - FADC replaced but problem could not be reproduce - need to test more ( on going - low priority ) - FADC in test lab - DAQ setup - need to feed signal
    • (still there)warning PEB ROC - Bryan checking with Dave - might incorrect flag - not sure why - but data still in sync since only happens - still happening - not sure if it is an issue
    • HV can put documentation for other non EPICS control
    • (50%) near limit for FADC crates - Shower window was divided by 2 - HCal windows - could do 150 ns - Move FADCs to top crate ?
    • (new, sort of) HV hodoscope channels turning off
    • (cannot be fixed - been that way forever) Raster X1 vs Raster X2 anticorrelation
    • (new) EPICS insertion : working better but still hangs for long runs
    • (new) ROC19 busy fiber : issue became worse - MPD23 disabled - firmware fixes to be implemented
    • (new) ER1 hangup - related to ET issue -
    • (new) TDC errors - just one run though - https://logbooks.jlab.org/ent

ry/3923168**(new) sbsvtp1 not detecting MPD fiber

    • (new)HCAL flag file crashing ROCs : file too long ?
    • (new) Raster saturation ( fixed with 20 db attenuator )
    • (New) No clear signal in GRINCH
    • HCAL fifo overflow https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3925327 - will check HCal people
    • GEN RP
      • need 4 more Optical to VXS ( Ben )
      • need 160 lemo - large order delay - new order in high priority - can use internal trigger for now so only need 80 for preliminary testing - do we have enough distribution boxes ?
      • setup network port for UVA chamber testing in EEL 125 ( done )
      • Ben's retiming - need 1 V1495 ( in counting house )