SBS DAQ: GEM EEL Cleanroom setup
These scripts are located in
Frontend scripts to use
- startCoda - executes each CODA component (platform, rcgui, PEB, all ROCs) in a separate xterm
- restartStuff - kills and restarts the PEB and ROCs. The xterms are not killed with this script.
- kcoda - kills all CODA components
Backend scripts, called by the frontend scripts
- remote_vme - script that restarts an ssh connection if it is closed.
- PEB_hallavme12pc - script that launches coda_emu_peb. restarts it when it is killed.
- ROC_hallavme14pc - script that uses remote_vme to launch SBS_startroc.sh on hallavme14pc
- ROC_sbsvme25 - script that uses remote_vme to launch SBS_startroc.sh on sbsvme25
- SBS_startroc.sh - script on sbsvme25, hallavme14pc that launches coda_roc with a ROC name determined from it's hostname.
- kill_remotes.sh - kills off ROC_hallavme14pc, ROC_sbsvme25, and coda_roc on hallavme14pc and sbsvme25.
Extra packages installed
Machines in use
atedf3: NFS server, tftp server for VME Controllers
- CODA and hardware drivers in:
- Read-only permissions for all machines in 36 subnet
- Read-Write permissions for hallavme12pc
hallavme12pc: DAQ Computer (RunControl, Event Recording)
- Mount atedf3:/data/disk2/SBS to (autofs: auto.SBS)
- Softlinks in
- CODA (3.10)
- linuxvme (in CODA 3.10 directory)
hallavme14pc: XVB601 VME Controller
- Slots 2-8: MPDs
- Slot 10: TI
Updated/Cloned New repos in coda/3.10/linuxvme
Added /site remote with (e.g. jvme, devel branch)
cd jvme git remote add site /site/coda/contrib/devel/jvme git pull site devel
CODA environment setup script
Using BASH, source the environment setup script: