SBS spot++ (beam size verification)
From Hall A Wiki
Revision as of 14:14, 8 June 2021 by Flay
To image the target or raster size by plotting the hits as a function of raster x and y current, we do the following:
Taking the Data
Analyzing the Data
- Log into one of the aonl machines (e.g., a-onl@aonl1).
- Run the command: spot_SBS [run-no], where run-no is the CODA run number of the raster scan. If omitted, the most recent run will be analyzed.
- After a few moments, the plots will pop up
- When prompted, enter y on the command line to post the plots to the HALOG (n does not post to the HALOG).
- BPMA y vs x: Shows the beam location at BPM A
- BPMA x: Shows the number of events at each x value in BPM A
- BPMA y: Shows the number of events at each y value in BPM A
- BPMB y vs x, BPMB x, BPMB y: Same as above but for BPM B
- Beam at target y vs x, …x, …y: Same as above for at the target
- BPMA Antenna 1, 2, 3, 4: Signal at the four wires of BPM A, one for X+, X-, Y+, Y-, respectively
- BPMB Antenna 1, 2, 3, 4: Same as above but for BPM B