Saturday, November 8: OWL Shift
From Hall A Wiki
Revision as of 18:42, 7 November 2014 by Gaskelld
- General considerations
- We do not yet have an RC phone. Dave Gaskell is the current Run Coordinator. Please contact me directly via the JLab paging utility: 
- Follow the generic Instruction for shift takers
- In general, technical staff should not be contacted by the shift crew - please call the RC first.
- If the run plan calls for some significant period of beam at 10 uA or greater please call Mahmoud Ahmad, who would like to perform a parasitic beam diagnostic test (no impact to us). His contact information will be written on the white board in the Counting House.
- Instructions for this shift
- MCC will be working on setting up beam to Hall A. Wait until their work is complete and they tell you they are ready to hand over beam to the hall.
- In preparation for first beam, make sure the VDC HV is off
- When beam arrives, call Alexandre Camsonne (contact info on white board).
- First tasks with beam will be checking out the beamline elements (BPMs, raster, etc).
- Ask MCC to center the beam as best they can using Hall A dump ion chambers.
- If time remains, start spectrometer checkout and begin looking for HRS-calorimeter coincidences. For this part of the plan - contact Carlos (contact info on the white board). The calorimeter HV will need to be turned on and put in the correct position - this will be done by Carlos or his assigned substitute.
- Kinematics, DVCS Kin1: Ebeam = 7.3 GeV, PLHRS=2.71 GeV Theta_HRS=22.83 Theta_calo=12.35