Back to How-To and shift info
Counting house: 5501 & 5507 | Run coordinator: 876-1787 | MCC: 7046 & 7047 & 7048 | Crew chief: 7045 | Guard house: 8522
Before the start of your shift: read, understand and sign the safety documentation of the experiments.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with shift crews and MCC (7047), and log any status information to the HALOG
- Keep track of beam time accounting
- Consult the daily run plans and communicate with run coordinator whenever problems happen that cannot be solved by shift workers.
- Maintain data taking quality and an efficient use of beam time.
- Follow the directives in the COO
- Log the following in a shift summary in the HALOG:
- run list (describing the goal of this run: eg production, optics calibration, ...) and report main statistic numbers
- any major events, including accesses
- Use the target mover gui as required to change targets (see TO ADD: TARGET GUI LAUNCH INSTRUCTIONS AND SCREENSHOT)
- Post target status, strip charts to halog once per shift
- Start and stop the DAQ. Record the purpose for every single run in the "Run list" binders. Read [this] to create more blank forms.
- Online replay of all production runs (twice), as described in the online data analysis instructions. first replay the first 50 k events, check online plots (see next bullet), then run a full replay.
- Compare replay histograms with the sample ones and report to shift leader any unexplained differences. Halog them.
- Fill shift checklist once per shift [shift check list].
- The shift leader can help.