This page gives instructions for various aspects of the experiment relating to each of the major subsystems and shift tasks.
- Shift Leader: Executes the Run Plan according to the Run Coordinator's instructions
- Target Operator: Monitors the target system
- Data Quality Monitor: Starts and stops CODA DAQ runs and monitors the quality of the data that is being recorded
Reporting and Logging
All shift takers should regularly log shift details in HALOG - the Hall A electronic logbook.
Shift leaders should fill out Beam Time Accounting (BTA) information during the shift.
- Using the CODA DAQ
- GUI Description
- Starting a Run
- Stopping a Run
- Monitoring the data
- Online analysis
- Shift checklist
This section contains instructions for running the replay script with all detectors on a-onl@aonlX.
- Login to a-onl@aonlX (X=1, 2, 3, 4)
- once logged in, type gosbs => this takes you to the directory where the analysis should be done, and sets up the correct environment variables.
- open the analyzer by typing analyzer
- once in the analyzer type .L replay_gmn.C
- for routine analysis type replay_gmn(runnum, nevents), with:
- runnum (integer) the run number you want to analyze;
- nevents (long integer) the number of events you want to analyze.
- for expert analysis only type replay_gmn(runnum, nevents, firstevent, file_prefix, firstsplit, nsplits, pedestalmode) with:
- firstevent (long integer) the event number from which you want to start the analysis;
- file_prefix (char*)the prefix of the file you want to analyze;
- firstsplit (integer) the split/segment number at which you want to start the analysis;
- nsplits (integer) the number of splits/segments you want to analyze
- pedestalmode (integer) turn pedestal mode on or off for the GEMs
- Monitoring the Beam Line
- Hall A beam line drawing (to be updated)
- SBS checkout procedure
- SBS spot++ (beam size verification)
- SBS BPM calibration
- SBS HARP scan
- SBS Polarization Measurements
- Compton: Not Used
- SBS Moller
- Timing Hodoscope
- Preshower and Shower