Difference between revisions of "SoLID Weekly : Monday, May.20, 2019 9:30am EDT"

From Hall A Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Minutes)
(Minutes)
 
(7 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 9: Line 9:
 
*Alexandre: Does this 5-year duration include 2-year preR&D and 3-year project?
 
*Alexandre: Does this 5-year duration include 2-year preR&D and 3-year project?
 
*JP: preR&D is not included in this duration.   
 
*JP: preR&D is not included in this duration.   
*:
+
*JP: If the sub-system hasn't sent me the revised version, please sent it to me as soon as possible.
 +
*Thia: What's the timeline for the estimation?
 +
*JP: We try to put everything together this week.
 +
*JP:The subsystem of SoLID is independent, so you can buy and certain things in the subsystem individually.
 +
*Thia: JP are going to setup a space to upload the SoLID budget estimation. There are many way to do that, which is based on the collaboration. i.e. DocDB. So in this way, the review committee could find the material by themselves.
 +
*JP: We will do that, and it is a good suggestion.
 +
*JP: I hope everyone could send me the revised version by today.
 +
*Alexandre: I would like to help JP to set put a place for the editions, i.e, overleaf.
 +
*Haiyan: The overleaf is pretty good, but when the people make any change and they should let you know and you could make a record.
 +
*JP: Is the DocDB password protected?
 +
*Stephen: The DocDB is password protected. But it is not a good place to put the frequently changing files.
 +
*Thia: If we could put everything together this week, then we are fine.
 +
*JP: Any updates from the subsystem?
 +
*Zhiwen: We will have the simulation meeting tomorrow.
 +
*JP: Any updates from Robin and Whit? 
 +
*Robin: We plan to have our magnet by the last week of July.
 +
*Xiaochao: Do I need to add labor in the dictionary for ECAL.
 +
*JP: For now, we just need the average cost on labor, however we need to break down on Postdoc, student, and ..... at some point, so please keep it when you have the information.
 +
 
 +
==Present==
 +
Alexandre, JP, Thia, Haiyan, Paul, Nilanga, Seamus, Meziani, Michael, Robin, Whit, Xiaochao, Stephen, Jinglong, Ye, Junqi, Rich, Tianbo, and Zhiwen

Latest revision as of 10:07, 20 May 2019

Agenda

  • Discussion on SoLID cost estimation according to WBS (Work Breakdown

Structure)

  • Sub-system updates

Minutes

  • JP: Thia, Do you want to give a summary
  • Thia: I received LGC cost estimation. I think at this the point, the break down level makes sense for me, everything looks pretty good. However for a 5-year duration project, maybe it is worth to put the installation in the estimation.
  • Alexandre: Does this 5-year duration include 2-year preR&D and 3-year project?
  • JP: preR&D is not included in this duration.
  • JP: If the sub-system hasn't sent me the revised version, please sent it to me as soon as possible.
  • Thia: What's the timeline for the estimation?
  • JP: We try to put everything together this week.
  • JP:The subsystem of SoLID is independent, so you can buy and certain things in the subsystem individually.
  • Thia: JP are going to setup a space to upload the SoLID budget estimation. There are many way to do that, which is based on the collaboration. i.e. DocDB. So in this way, the review committee could find the material by themselves.
  • JP: We will do that, and it is a good suggestion.
  • JP: I hope everyone could send me the revised version by today.
  • Alexandre: I would like to help JP to set put a place for the editions, i.e, overleaf.
  • Haiyan: The overleaf is pretty good, but when the people make any change and they should let you know and you could make a record.
  • JP: Is the DocDB password protected?
  • Stephen: The DocDB is password protected. But it is not a good place to put the frequently changing files.
  • Thia: If we could put everything together this week, then we are fine.
  • JP: Any updates from the subsystem?
  • Zhiwen: We will have the simulation meeting tomorrow.
  • JP: Any updates from Robin and Whit?
  • Robin: We plan to have our magnet by the last week of July.
  • Xiaochao: Do I need to add labor in the dictionary for ECAL.
  • JP: For now, we just need the average cost on labor, however we need to break down on Postdoc, student, and ..... at some point, so please keep it when you have the information.

Present

Alexandre, JP, Thia, Haiyan, Paul, Nilanga, Seamus, Meziani, Michael, Robin, Whit, Xiaochao, Stephen, Jinglong, Ye, Junqi, Rich, Tianbo, and Zhiwen