Solid calorimeter test stand
From Hall A Wiki
EC test for SoLID
- Hardware: Done! VME based: CPU(VxWorks) + TI + 2V792 + NIM modules ---> can handle 64 channels
- Software: CODA 2.6.2 is already installed, and configuration is done!
- To do:
- An issue in boot script need to be fixed, Alex and I are working on it.
- Readout list(based on v792) should be modified to feed our needs, I am working on it
- 2D table: done!
- It can be operated interactively through serial connectors.
- MaPMT related issues:
- Yi is asking Carl for a H8500
- Cable to connect H8500 and V792, need to make new ones???
- H8500--->Socket: "SQT-118-01-L-D SAMTEC"; 2 rows, 18*2 pins, 16 pins for signal, 1 of no use, others are GND
- V792---> Socket for "3431-5202 Header-type male connectors"; 17*2 pins, 16 pins for singal, 1 of no use, others are GND
- Black Box:
- Need a box which can host 2D motional table(rough size of table:50cm X 50cm X 50cm), build a new one???
- LED related issues:
- I have a LED controller on hand(from Alex), it is part of a integrated LED system,
- where is the LED part, Alex?
- Test plan in the early stage:
- 1.Calibrate ADC channels
Using a generator to produce a well-known amplitude signal to calibrate ADC A generator is needed
- 2.Gain VS Voltage scan (H8500: -700V <---> -1100V)
Fast Measurement: relative gain VS voltage curve Sinle channel measurement is enough Setup: LED->fiber->Any single pixel->Readout Or no fiber: LED->Any single pixel->Readout Longer plan measurement: absolute gain calibration
- 3.Uniformity measurement at low gain case:
No fiber is needed in this test, open cathode
- for MAPMT test
- DAQ computer 1
- VME crate 1
- VME module of CPU 1, trigger 1, LED control with LED 1, ADC 1
- NIM crate 1
- NIM module, discriminator 1, Lin Fan-in/out 1, logic unit 1, translator 1, gate/delay 1
- HV power supply 1
- XY movement rack and controller 1
- WLS fiber, some
- MAPMT (H8500 or similar) 1
- dark box 1
- oscilloscope 1
- now in Xiaochao's office
- PS726 level translator, SN12263 (HallC), SN21372,SN20024
- PS974 quad gate/delay generator, SN25806, SN25805
- PS744 quad linear gate Fan-in/out, SN18944 (problem)
- PS740 quad linear Fan-in/out, SN12818 (HallC),SN12456
- PS710 Octal Discriminator, SN18893 (HallC)
- bought by Xiaochao, The serial numbers are from Ramesh's record.
- 3x PS706 SN: 24509,24510, 24511.
- 1x PS755 SN: 24508
- 4x PS757 4 out of 9, 24472, 24473, 24506, 24507, 24455, 24456, 25618, 25807, 25808, record mixed UVa with JLab properties
- 2 scalers, either SIS3820 or 3821. I don't have the SN#
- according to Albert
1. PS706 SN: 24510- we use L HRS.
2. PS706 SN: 24511- we use L HRS
3. PS755 SN: 24508- we use L HRS
4. PS757 SN: 25807- in cabinet.
About rest, I don't see in my list.