Solid calorimeter test stand
From Hall A Wiki
EC test for SoLID
Hardware: Done! VME based: CPU(VxWorks) + TI + 2V792 + NIM modules ---> can handle 64 channels Software: CODA 2.6.2 is already installed, and configuration is done! To do: Can take data now, need decode script, I am working on it
- 2D table: done!
It can be operated interactively through serial connectors.
- MaPMT related issues:
Yi is asking Carl for a H8500 Cable to connect H8500 and V792, need to make new ones??? H8500 ---> Socket: "SQT-118-01-L-D SAMTEC"; 2 rows, 18*2 pins, 16 pins for signal, 1 of no use, others are GND V792 ---> Socket for "3431-5202 Header-type male connectors"; 17*2 pins, 16 pins for singal, 1 of no use, others are GND
- Black Box:
Need a box which can host 2D motional table(rough size of table:50cm X 50cm X 50cm), build a new one???
- LED related issues:
I have a LED controller on hand(from Alex), it is part of a integrated LED system, where is the LED part, Alex?
Test plan in the early stage
- 1.Calibrate ADC channels
Using a generator to produce a well known amplitude signal to calibrate ADC: ADC channel <-> Charge A generator is needed
- 2.Gain VS Voltage scan (H8500: -700V <---> -1100V)
Relative gain VS voltage curve: Sinle channel measurement is enough Setup: LED -> fiber -> Any single pixel -> Readout Or no fiber: LED -> Any single pixel -> Readout Absolute gain calibration: Yi has a photon calibration tube, I can use it to calibrate the absolute gain.
- 3.Determine a low gain range for SoLID preshower
Scintillator(with fiber) -> pixel -> Readout we can use cosmic ray to get the MIP peak and then define a low gain area for SoLID preshower.
- 4.Uniformity measurement at low gain case
No fiber is needed in this test, open cathode Challenge: A uniform distributed light should be produced -> need to figure out,Yi has experience on this Setup: Uniform light -> open cathode -> 64 channels readout -> uniformity
- 5.Cross talk measurement
Size of a Pixel: 5.8mm X 5.8mm Setup: LED -> fiber -> pixel -> readout(surrounded pixels) As suggested by Yi, do a position dependent cross-talk study ---> scan fiber within a pixel to see the cross-talk effect
- for MAPMT test
- DAQ computer 1
- VME crate 1
- VME module of CPU 1, trigger 1, LED control with LED 1, ADC 1
- NIM crate 1
- NIM module, discriminator 1, Lin Fan-in/out 1, logic unit 1, translator 1, gate/delay 1
- HV power supply 1
- XY movement rack and controller 1
- WLS fiber, some
- MAPMT (H8500 or similar) 1
- dark box 1
- oscilloscope 1
- now in Xiaochao's office
- PS726 level translator, SN12263 (HallC), SN21372,SN20024
- PS974 quad gate/delay generator, SN25806, SN25805
- PS744 quad linear gate Fan-in/out, SN18944 (problem)
- PS740 quad linear Fan-in/out, SN12818 (HallC),SN12456
- PS710 Octal Discriminator, SN18893 (HallC)
- bought by Xiaochao, The serial numbers are from Ramesh's record.
- 3x PS706 SN: 24509,24510, 24511.
- 1x PS755 SN: 24508
- 4x PS757 4 out of 9, 24472, 24473, 24506, 24507, 24455, 24456, 25618, 25807, 25808, record mixed UVa with JLab properties
- 2 scalers, either SIS3820 or 3821. I don't have the SN#
- according to Albert
1. PS706 SN: 24510- we use L HRS.
2. PS706 SN: 24511- we use L HRS
3. PS755 SN: 24508- we use L HRS
4. PS757 SN: 25807- in cabinet.
About rest, I don't see in my list.